Thuderstorm - DR Style

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I always loved a good thunderstorm, well, until now. My neighbor's car alarms are set on a hair trigger, so they go off with every clap of thunder and don't shut off for 90 seconds. Trucks, load motos, anything... Sigh.

My dad's sick, so I'm flying out for 3 weeks. I'll miss my girlfriend, but I think I'm really ready for a break.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I always loved a good thunderstorm, well, until now. My neighbor's car alarms are set on a hair trigger, so they go off with every clap of thunder and don't shut off for 90 seconds. Trucks, load motos, anything... Sigh.

My dad's sick, so I'm flying out for 3 weeks. I'll miss my girlfriend, but I think I'm really ready for a break.

i wish him a speedy recovery...safe flight.

Apr 7, 2014

the real question is: are you going to send money while you are gone for gregarious and gratuititous bags of rice to be divided between family and neighbors?

Apr 7, 2014
No, but I just bought another 10lb bag for the house. :classic: I won't be here to see where it goes.
I think its already gone. When your back home buy in bulk at Sams Club or those guys...and send yourself a barrel of comestibles with plenty O'treats for the kids and the like. More over for yourself with foods you may be craving or find too expensive or hard to get in DR(like chunky Peanut Butter).
Then watch the friends, family and neighbors come over for all your goodies.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think its already gone. When your back home buy in bulk at Sams Club or those guys...and send yourself a barrel of comestibles with plenty O'treats for the kids and the like. More over for yourself with foods you may be craving or find too expensive or hard to get in DR(like chunky Peanut Butter).
Then watch the friends, family and neighbors come over for all your goodies.

Ha! Chunky Peanut Butter. Mr. AE loves it, I think he has packed close to a dozen jars of it in the current drum being filled. They're next to my 6 big jars of Hellman's. :) :)

Apr 7, 2014
Ha! Chunky Peanut Butter. Mr. AE loves it, I think he has packed close to a dozen jars of it in the current drum being filled. They're next to my 6 big jars of Hellman's. :) :)
Yep, I was at Walmart yesterday. Got my share!

Apr 7, 2014
Another hard to get item, spicy mustard.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Belly Button...

there is a horseradish mustard they sell in RD...... excellent

Altho, I know you like your Grey Poupon in the back of your car......

Joe LongCarrot
Chief of the Wherethef#ckarewe Tribe