Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thuderstorm - DR Style

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thuderstorm - DR Style

I always loved a good thunderstorm, well, until now. My neighbor's car alarms are set on a hair trigger, so they go off with every clap of thunder and don't shut off for 90 seconds. Trucks, load motos, anything... Sigh.

My dad's sick, so I'm flying out for 3 weeks. I'll miss my girlfriend, but I think I'm really ready for a break.

2. Likes Eleutheria, N/A liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoRubio View Post
    I always loved a good thunderstorm, well, until now. My neighbor's car alarms are set on a hair trigger, so they go off with every clap of thunder and don't shut off for 90 seconds. Trucks, load motos, anything... Sigh.

My dad's sick, so I'm flying out for 3 weeks. I'll miss my girlfriend, but I think I'm really ready for a break.
    i wish him a speedy recovery...safe flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i wish him a speedy recovery...safe flight.
    Ditto!!!

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for your father.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the real question is: are you going to send money while you are gone for gregarious and gratuititous bags of rice to be divided between family and neighbors?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    the real question is: are you going to send money while you are gone for gregarious and gratuititous bags of rice to be divided between family and neighbors?
    No, but I just bought another 10lb bag for the house. I won't be here to see where it goes.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but I just bought another 10lb bag for the house. I won't be here to see where it goes.
    I think its already gone. When your back home buy in bulk at Sams Club or those guys...and send yourself a barrel of comestibles with plenty O'treats for the kids and the like. More over for yourself with foods you may be craving or find too expensive or hard to get in DR(like chunky Peanut Butter).
    Then watch the friends, family and neighbors come over for all your goodies.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    I think its already gone. When your back home buy in bulk at Sams Club or those guys...and send yourself a barrel of comestibles with plenty O'treats for the kids and the like. More over for yourself with foods you may be craving or find too expensive or hard to get in DR(like chunky Peanut Butter).
    Then watch the friends, family and neighbors come over for all your goodies.

Ha! Chunky Peanut Butter. Mr. AE loves it, I think he has packed close to a dozen jars of it in the current drum being filled. They're next to my 6 big jars of Hellman's.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Ha! Chunky Peanut Butter. Mr. AE loves it, I think he has packed close to a dozen jars of it in the current drum being filled. They're next to my 6 big jars of Hellman's.
    Yep, I was at Walmart yesterday. Got my share!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Another hard to get item, spicy mustard.

12. Likes 4*4*4 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast