Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    If they can do it with REAL ESTATE which has a much larger value, what would make someone not do it for a measly drivers license?
    We check everything from restaurant bills to large transactions. People get distracted and make mistakes or for worse reasons. There is nothing wrong with reviewing your grocery bill.

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Believe what you want. You know me from an internet forum and that's about it.

I'm telling you what happened to my wife. It's probably as Cdn_gringo stated. The teller pocketed the money and didn't finish the transaction.
    You don't pay money in Obras Publicas. You pay in BanReservas.

The guy in Obras Publicas can't do nothing wrong. He puts the data into the system, prints it, shows it to the customer, customer signs that everything is correct. From this point, if something like name, surname, date of birth needs to be changed, he can't do it. You need to go for the authorization to Director's office, and you need to provide original and legalized documents for that, for example in case of name change or errors found you need to bring papers from JCE or MIP. They print what they have in the system, that's it. I know it very good, since I have changed my data in the system after I became a Dominican citizen, so I know how it works there, in Obras Publicas.

So once again, if your wife had the fake license, it was not from Obras Publicas. So maybe her orgasms are fake too, beware!

3. Likes rubio_higuey, jd426 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i never had to pay any money for a drivers license at any other place than Banco de Reservas.
    and the receipt from there, as done with your cedula number on it, can only be used for the person/cedula number shown on the receipt.
    Obras Publicas does not get any cash in hands and they could not "sell" your receipt to someone else for pocket money.
    wifey been tricked by someone whom she may have sent out of lazyness to get her license stuff done.
    or she just "knew" someone who does it a bit "cheaper/eeasier".

Mike

5. Likes rubio_higuey, Gringo Starr, jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got over 600 posts and it feels like you guys are still trying to haze me into the club.

Too many pessimists on this board.

Hope it doesn't happen to any of you, but if you happen to have a fake ID don't say you didn't have a heads up.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Amp, did wifey need some emergency cash from you, so she could replace that fake drivers license?.... Just asking

8. Likes amp, Gringo Starr, jd426 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it could easily be, that she been tricked by some sneaky "fren", someone she knows and who told her that he can get it for her easily without long waiting lines or such.
    such stuff happens to dominicans, to be tricked by dominicans, more often than some think.
    there is no need to suspect the wife to be the bad one.
    she could be the simple victim of one of those numerous "Fren" thieves.

Mike

10. Likes AlterEgo, jd426 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    it could easily be, that she been tricked by some sneaky "fren", someone she knows and who told her that he can get it for her easily without long waiting lines or such.
    such stuff happens to dominicans, to be tricked by dominicans, more often than some think.
    there is no need to suspect the wife to be the bad one.
    True!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What is obras publicas ??
    I got my DL at DGTT ( direccion general de transporte terrestre ), a real 1, I might add.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah Malko. Just people mixing two agencies up.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i got mine a long time ago at the Amet Office in La Romana.
    i could not tell what exactly the office is named, lol.
    since then i renewed it every 4 years, no troubles so far.

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast