Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer Tech = Santo Domingo

I need a computer tech in Santo Domingo who can come to my home. My network settings have been altered and I need to get them reset. If you know anyone good and reliable ... their name and phone number. Thanks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you be more specific with the meaning of "altered". Maybe this is something that can easily be fixed with a bit of online help.

3. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact your ISP. They can probably walk you through how to reset them over the phone if you understand basic spanish.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by intedserve View Post
    I need a computer tech in Santo Domingo who can come to my home. My network settings have been altered and I need to get them reset. If you know anyone good and reliable ... their name and phone number. Thanks.
    Give the details, I might even help you from here.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

pm me and i can give you a recomendation

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Details

Quote Originally Posted by IEatTravelnCode View Post
    Give the details, I might even help you from here.
    Avast scan of the network says ... " your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..." This appears on all of my computers. Also when I am at various other locations using private networks, if I do a scan with Avast, I also get the same message ... so I have no idea ... could it be false ... I only have my computers and my phone connected to my home network - no tv's or x-boxs etc.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Does your wifi have a password?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

yes wifi has a password and my network SIDD has it's own name.

I just changed the wireless modem password as well - it was the admin manufacturer's password that comes with the modem which I now know is not so secure because anyone can look that up ... I restarted the computer ...

I did the Avast network scan again and it came up the same "your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..."

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong to say my network was altered ... all I know is that before, I did Avast scans and I never got the message "your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..." and now if I do the scan, I get the message on all the computers in my house.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the same message when I switched to using Avast on my desktop, I don't get that message on my laptop which is using Avira.

I have 3 different routers and Avast states the same message no matter which one I use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast