Computer Tech = Santo Domingo

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
I need a computer tech in Santo Domingo who can come to my home. My network settings have been altered and I need to get them reset. If you know anyone good and reliable ... their name and phone number. Thanks.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Can you be more specific with the meaning of "altered". Maybe this is something that can easily be fixed with a bit of online help.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Contact your ISP. They can probably walk you through how to reset them over the phone if you understand basic spanish.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I need a computer tech in Santo Domingo who can come to my home. My network settings have been altered and I need to get them reset. If you know anyone good and reliable ... their name and phone number. Thanks.

Give the details, I might even help you from here.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Details

Give the details, I might even help you from here.

Avast scan of the network says ... " your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..." This appears on all of my computers. Also when I am at various other locations using private networks, if I do a scan with Avast, I also get the same message ... so I have no idea ... could it be false ... I only have my computers and my phone connected to my home network - no tv's or x-boxs etc.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
yes wifi has a password and my network SIDD has it's own name.

I just changed the wireless modem password as well - it was the admin manufacturer's password that comes with the modem which I now know is not so secure because anyone can look that up ... I restarted the computer ...

I did the Avast network scan again and it came up the same "your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..."

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
I was wrong to say my network was altered ... all I know is that before, I did Avast scans and I never got the message "your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..." and now if I do the scan, I get the message on all the computers in my house.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I get the same message when I switched to using Avast on my desktop, I don't get that message on my laptop which is using Avira.

I have 3 different routers and Avast states the same message no matter which one I use.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
This is not uncommon

Avast scan of the network says ... " your network router is accessible from the internet ... hackers can try to access the router ...and then modify ..." This appears on all of my computers. Also when I am at various other locations using private networks, if I do a scan with Avast, I also get the same message ... so I have no idea ... could it be false ... I only have my computers and my phone connected to my home network - no tv's or x-boxs etc.

There is nothing wrong with a router being accessible from the internet.
Don't sweat it, it is like saying there is a keyhole in the outside of the door of your car. It does not mean you are at risk, but sometimes AV software want to claim it "found something".

There is a lot of profit in building a following using FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt).

PLEASE: Do not sweat about this error message, this means nothing.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you know how to access your router setup page using your web browser, locate the option that allows/disallows remote maintenance or remote login and make sure this option is disabled if it isn't already. Changing this from on to off should stop the avast message.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Or you can block inbound SYN packets, this is like pouring cement in the keyholes of the doors of your cars. It will prevent any inbound connections from being established.