Hair in Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
To all who participated and were kind enough to offer suggestions, I did go to Ana in Cabarete yesterday. The "crowning glory" of Sra. Meems is still a work in progress; I am very pleased with the back (which was the big problem) but not so much with the front. However, she is lovely, and I am going to continue using her.

Some of you said she is a better cutter than colorist; any specifics? I have my own color (Goldwell) and my formula. She is not familiar with Goldwell (it's from Germany) but it's the only color I can use, as I have very sensitive skin and it's the only one that doesn't make my head bleed.

I would prefer to have one-stop shopping. It would be a pain in the tuches to have to go to one person for cutting and another for color. So any specific information/personal stories about her talents as a colorist greatly appreciated.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I was not pleased with the front when she did my hair and since that is what I look at I decided to go back to Suzanne. Don't color my hair so avoid that pain in the tuches. I found Suzanne really listened to what I wanted and after a while she got it right.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I have heard very good things about Antoinette at Infinity Blu. I hear she is a bit expensive, but a couple of international friends, whose hair looks really good, recommend her.

The thing about Suzanne---and I like her, don't get me wrong---is that "after a while" thing. When I cut my hair short (after having it long my whole life) I went to Suzanne and said, just follow the lines, and she gave me one of the most spectacularly horrible haircuts of my entire life. She is a decent colorist, but by no means great. As I say, I like her, her prices are decent, her shop is clean. I will probably wind up going back. BUT never again for a cut.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I dropped off my contact info with Angela at Checkpoint, and she has not gotten in touch with me, so I guess she's not that interested in acquiring new clients.