Pentecostals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I do have concerns about posting the following...but here goes. I am trying to understand the Hold certain
pentecostal church and...la pastora has over someone. I know someone who I had employed had experienced a
huge change come over them when I had seen her last. Only singing Christian songs throughout the day while
working and every question answered with remarks that I was told had to be cleared through La Pastora. What
is this about? Are these people being manipulated as far as you know? Do they turn their money over to the
church? I am concerned over the change I have noticed? I do not know the power, if any,this type of church
holds over their congretants.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Touchy subject as religion is frowned upon in regular forums.

You would need 500 posts to be able to post in the Off Topic forum.

All I can say is I was Pentecostal when younger(14 - 15, long story) and I left because of the strict doctrine. I was even baptized.

I still remember the "coritos" (songs).

This is one of my favorites:

The lead guitarist played with Carlos Santana at one point.

[video=youtube;3Q9I2RPZ6Ds]x[/video]

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Bronxboy. I apologize if I hit on the touchy subject. I never meant to offend. I was really just putting out there my
concern. I do understand and did not realize if there were rules on our forum.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy. I apologize if I hit on the touchy subject. I never meant to offend. I was really just putting out there my
concern. I do understand and did not realize if there were rules on our forum.

Just waiting to see what the mod of this forum wants to do.

No biggie. I understand.

I can touch on this but need to know how the mod is going to approach.

To be continued.........

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I stand corrected. You need over 500 posts to access the Off-Topic forum. 501 would be the magic no.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as you cant discuss it in OffTopic,
and we haveto stay out of religious discussions here on the open forum,
i try to explain it this way:
from the many converted(into many different church names/forms, in spanish named Christianos) people i know here,
each one has to pay a certain percentage of his/her salary to that church.
workpower went downhill on most of the ones i know, as "reunions" with the new family have now strict priority over anything else in life.
the positive, none of the guys/gals does smoke nor touch alcohol anymore, thats completely forbidden and most do not allow you near them with a smoke or a drink(some few are a bit more "flexibel", specially when it comes to the ones who pay their salaries, lol).
each single Pastor/Pastora I know, is after a short while the richest person in their small community, living in the nicest house, dressed in the best designer clothes and driving the biggest Jeep in town.
just this as personal and very general observation.
for details or a full take on things,
the Off Topic Forum is the only place to go,
as we are here on DR1 in agreement to not discuss "religion or race" in the open forums.

Mike

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Mike. Thank you for taking the time to reply and pass on your info. I found it very illuminating and now I certainly understand a little bit more. Jeb

Status
Not open for further replies.