Dominican Lawyer Falsifies Interpol Warrant

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Santo Domingo.- The former president of Dominican Republic?s Bar Association was detained Friday and taken to a jail in Ciudad Nueva courthouse, charged with forging documents he allegedly obtained from Interpol to derail an international arrest warrant against the notorious fugitive Jesus Cabrera Ruiz and his wife Claribel Amparo.

Diego -Babado- Torres was arrested on a bench warrant charging him with the filing a forged document at the Interpol office in Santo Domingo, to lift the high alert and international capture order for Cabrera, who allegedly heads one of the country?s bloodiest drug cartels, which allegedly operates in La Romana (east).

Deputy Justice minister Bolivar Sanchez had requested the warrant against Torres, who was also caught on camera firing shots during the assault on the headquarters of the PRD party in January, 26, 2013.

just when you think you have seen everything.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Lawyers are the lowest life form on the planet. Be interesting to see how he wiggles out.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
generalisations are almost never accurate and we know ,from reading the papers and DR1 , there are lawyers who have been convicted and are serving time in prison. There are also some fine lawyers here doing their best in a dreadful system .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just another example of the failed war on drugs.

How is that for a sweeping generalization?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
generalisations are almost never accurate and we know ,from reading the papers and DR1 , there are lawyers who have been convicted and are serving time in prison. There are also some fine lawyers here doing their best in a dreadful system .

no generalization here. this is a specific case of yet one more criminal type operating in high places.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hey, Kipling, i see you gave me yet one more dislike. i guess you believe that if i keep my opinion to myself about the criminal conspiracy which masquerades as a legal system in this country, they will one day become honest people.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Lawyers are the lowest form of life on the planet ...NO ..Some lawyers are .. and also in the DR you can rest assured he will wiggle out , this comment being applied to lawyers .. NO there are examples of lawyers not being able to wriggle out who are in prison .

As for the failed war on drugs. NO... the war is not over so you can not use failed but you can say the failing and it has not been a total failure as some drug lords and drug gangs have lost out

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Santo Domingo.- The former president of Dominican Republic?s Bar Association was detained Friday and taken to a jail in Ciudad Nueva courthouse, charged with forging documents he allegedly obtained from Interpol to derail an international arrest warrant against the notorious fugitive Jesus Cabrera Ruiz and his wife Claribel Amparo.

Diego -Babado- Torres was arrested on a bench warrant charging him with the filing a forged document at the Interpol office in Santo Domingo, to lift the high alert and international capture order for Cabrera, who allegedly heads one of the country?s bloodiest drug cartels, which allegedly operates in La Romana (east).

Deputy Justice minister Bolivar Sanchez had requested the warrant against Torres, who was also caught on camera firing shots during the assault on the headquarters of the PRD party in January, 26, 2013.

just when you think you have seen everything.

He was elected to the post of head lawyer by whome ? His fellow lawyers ! Does that not tell you something about how the legal system works here!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Lawyers are the lowest form of life on the planet ...NO ..Some lawyers are .. and also in the DR you can rest assured he will wiggle out , this comment being applied to lawyers .. NO there are examples of lawyers not being able to wriggle out who are in prison .

As for the failed war on drugs. NO... the war is not over so you can not use failed but you can say the failing and it has not been a total failure as some drug lords and drug gangs have lost out

nobody said that every lawyer in the DR is dishonest. i am sure that there are reputable representatives of the profession out there. i have heard nothing but good opinions regarding the ethics and professional conduct of our own DR1 lawyers, Guzman and Ariza.

my point is that it is not exactly a profession which receives many accolades for its honorable status.

let me stop beating around the bush. Dominican lawyers, in the main, are a bunch of fringe criminals. plain and simple. having been robbed by 100% of those with whom i have had dealings, that is my conclusion. a bunch of degenerates is all.

now go give me another dislike.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
In your latest posting, which is entirely different to the one I disliked ,you have used in the main . I have no disagreement with that .

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He was elected to the post of head lawyer by whome ? His fellow lawyers ! Does that not tell you something about how the legal system works here!

first of all, many of these guys who practice law here would not qualify to be a paralegal in another country.

one afternoon, i was asleep in my apartment, and a druggie broke into the place and stole some stuff. she was seen exiting through the window, and apprehended, and i had to go to the fiscal to participate in the proceedings against her. i told the fiscal that my stuff was missing, but i did not actually see her take it, but it would appear that she did, because she was seen exiting by others.

it took the efforts of the defense attorney to enlighten the schmuck fiscal that if i did not actually SEE her, then i could not be considered to be a witness to the act.

any first semester law student anywhere else in the world knows that.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014

"The war on drugs" was never meant to be won. It has been a TOTAL failure. Every drug lord is replaced the same day one leaves. Way too much money to be had.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"The war on drugs" was never meant to be won. It has been a TOTAL failure. Every drug lord is replaced the same day one leaves. Way too much money to be had.

it might have failed if you examine it with your metrics, but it has been a rip roaring success for the people who fashioned it, or supported it.now a huge percentage of minority people are either in jail, have been to jail, or are running from jail. big money for private prison magnates. less blacks and Hispanics roaming around among the general population. it does not get better.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
it might have failed if you examine it with your metrics, but it has been a rip roaring success for the people who fashioned it, or supported it.now a huge percentage of minority people are either in jail, have been to jail, or are running from jail. big money for private prison magnates. less blacks and Hispanics roaming around among the general population. it does not get better.

Sounds like we agree 100 percent than.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Yes. This is not a referendum on the War on Drugs. Let's keep this on the lawyer mentioned in the original post and whatever ramifications this may have on Dominican society.

Thank you.

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
99% in the DR are

Lawyers are the lowest life form on the planet. Be interesting to see how he wiggles out.

I remember some Years ago, I hired a lawyer to do a property title transfer. She always had a reason why it had not been completed. She then,together with another female lawyer, forged my signature on a new contract saying I purchased the property on a different Date. The second lawyer notarised my signature - on a Sunday??? I confronted this notary as I never got my title. Who was the one who got arrested and imprisoned? Yes! If think you probably guessed right. I did. The Dominican Law society were not interested but recommended another lawyer to solve the problem. He took millions of pesos but did nothing and actually had the audacity to sue me for not paying him more money. And won. I would say there are only a handful of really honest lawyers, I met two - one in Sosua whose brother owns a prominent real estate agency and the other a complete unknown - not the one who gives advice on this forum. The unknown was the one who, some five or six Years later and at a cost of a further several thousand Dollars, actually got my title. Would you believe one of the previous lawyers tried to make a claim against the proceeds when I sold the property fortunately we were two hours ahead. I would never ever deal with any other lawyer than these two.