Visa for Costa Rica for Dominican Girl

Jo Jo Caro

Aug 11, 2013
I want to take my Dominican Girlfriend ( fianc? ) of 2 years to Costa Rica for 2 weeks for a vacation can this be done easily ?

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
Yes, it can be done. There is a lot of paperwork to be filled out and it will require at least 4 trips to the Costa Rican consular's office in Santo Domingo, it's close to Agora Mall. First one to file the application, second for a personal interview, the third to learn your fate and the forth one to pickup the passport containing the visa if granted.

You need to purchase fully refundable return airfare and fully refundable hotel accommodations for the duration of your stay unless you have a friend in Costa Rica vouch for them via official invite. They do call the hotel to make sure the reservation is valid so it must be in her name. Must have full coverage traveler's heath insurance either way. Your girlfriend must prove financial solvency alone if you are not legally married. Demonstrate sufficient funds to travel via certified bank statements, provide copies of vehicle and property titles if possible. You will need a good conduct letter from the local police, a reference letter from her employer and at least one personal reference from some form of professional such as a lawyer, notary, clergy, professor , that kind of thing. The whole process takes about 10 weeks from start to finish. My girlfriend has done it a couple of times, the first visa was granted for 14 days and then for 3 months the next time.

Feb 7, 2007
Better go to Colombia, airfare is cheaper, stuff is cheaper, no visa, country is more beautiful than Costa Rica.... avoid the hassle and go where you dollars are wanted. And the dollar goes a long way now in Colombia with exchange rate at 2900+

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I would agree, Costa Rica disapointed me while Colombia is a wonderful place that is 1.3 the price of Costa Rica. CR is righfully suspicious of Dominicans so getting a visa is as time consuming as getting one from the US even if the standards to get in arent as high. I wouldnt bother

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Maybe still the same

Few years back we went on a weekend and my wife could go with her US visa, so if she has European or US visa then she should be good to go, but call the embassy first to see if it's still the same.

I would agree, Costa Rica disapointed me while Colombia is a wonderful place that is 1.3 the price of Costa Rica. CR is righfully suspicious of Dominicans so getting a visa is as time consuming as getting one from the US even if the standards to get in arent as high. I wouldnt bother

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A friend told me that there are lots of Dominican girls working in the San Jose area of CR. They get there somehow and visit home frequently.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just cameback from Costa Rica on Sept. 29, 5 days trip, and as Dominican with Canadian Visa I could visit the country without applying for Costa Rica Visa. So if you Girlfriend has USA Visa, Canada Visa or Shchengen Visa just book your flight and not problem. Just make sure by the time you arrive to Costa Rica your passport is going to expire in a date upper six months, one of my friends could not take the flight because the airline did not checked him because his passport was valid for less than 6 months, fortunately he could make it and travel next day.

If not send me a pvt message with your e mail that i can forward to you an email they send me where tells all the papers they ask to grand a Visa to Dominicans, and the list is big.

So good luck.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Yes, it can be done. There is a lot of paperwork to be filled out and it will require at least 4 trips to the Costa Rican consular's office in Santo Domingo, it's close to Agora Mall. First one to file the application, second for a personal interview, the third to learn your fate and the forth one to pickup the passport containing the visa if granted.

You need to purchase fully refundable return airfare and fully refundable hotel accommodations for the duration of your stay unless you have a friend in Costa Rica vouch for them via official invite. They do call the hotel to make sure the reservation is valid so it must be in her name. Must have full coverage traveler's heath insurance either way. Your girlfriend must prove financial solvency alone if you are not legally married. Demonstrate sufficient funds to travel via certified bank statements, provide copies of vehicle and property titles if possible. You will need a good conduct letter from the local police, a reference letter from her employer and at least one personal reference from some form of professional such as a lawyer, notary, clergy, professor , that kind of thing. The whole process takes about 10 weeks from start to finish. My girlfriend has done it a couple of times, the first visa was granted for 14 days and then for 3 months the next time.

Now they added copy of the TSS payments from your worker too must be for the last 6 months the payments. I have an updated list of requirements.

When I visit without visa they grand me at the entrance a permit for 30 days stay, I just went for 5 days.

Another thing Condor has very good price, better than Copa.

Last edited: