PUJ to SD if can't meet Expreso Bavaro schedule

roneyc

Oct 25, 2015
Hello to everyone and thank you for the forum!

Arriving PUJ 29-Nov at 3:15 pm. That is really tight for the last 4 pm Expreso Bavaro bus to Santo Domingo.

If we are lucky to get through customs quickly, can we board the 4 pm bus and buy tickets on the bus? At station further down the line when the bus stops?
If we are only slightly late, what is potential for taxi to get us to the bus by the time it reaches its next stop?
If we are late by an hour or more, is there an alternative to taxi all the way to SD?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
From the people I know who have used this they say they keep a pretty tight schedule. If its a true express it won't have a second stop. Even if it djd these guys drive the buses like they stole them so getting ahead of one is very unlikely.
Good luck

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I would also suggest if you are running late and miss the last bus theres a few non AI hotels in the area that are reasoanbly priced for a night. The Sheraton in PC village is nice and new.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Doubt you can make the 4PM bus. But you can get to SD at the same terminal in Fruisa. Just take the bus on your right
to Higuey and change in Higuey for one to SD. They run frequently.

Feb 7, 2007
Or just take the bus to Higuey, it drops you in front of Basilica in Higuey at a place where you take another bus from Higuey to Santo Domingo.

It's not like there are no options to get to SD from Bavaro after the Expreso leaves.
In fact, you may find out that 30% or more of the passengers on your Bavaro to Higuey bus will take the same bus from Higuey to SD with you.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I would also suggest if you are running late and miss the last bus theres a few non AI hotels in the area that are reasoanbly priced for a night. The Sheraton in PC village is nice and new.

I've stayed there at the 'Four Points', but it is far from a vacation hotel, more so a business stay venue.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
My advice would be to head to Fruisa and stay the night, plenty of cheap sleep options. Soak up your first few hours in the country with a few drinks and a relax rather than a mad rush and hassle into Santo Domingo which will be a mad hassle right until you get too your final destination. Relax, then head for the city in the morning when you have a full day and can again enjoy the evening. Spend the hottest part of the day in an A/C bus is also a nice way to travel.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Bus usually leaves the Veron station (closest one to the airport) around 4:15 but you need to get there early to buy your ticket or you're fried. Options as mentioned would be to grab the bus to Higuey then Santo Domingo or stay the night in Punta Cana or Bavaro. Taxi to Friusa will set you back around 45 bucks. Busses run by the road outside the airport so you can eventually get to Friusa but you might not be up to that if you've got suitcases to lug around.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Every time we plan to take the Bavaro - Santo Domingo bus, I get lazy and take a car instead. How nice is the bus? Everyone seems to like it. Can you ensure that you will sit together?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Please remember that when you first arrive in the country, you are travelling with all your valuables, your money, your passport, and usually dressed for another climate. You stick out and you are very vulnerable. This is not the best moment in your vacation to economise. I agree that you should stay in PC overnight and get the bus the next day, or book a taxi. I frequently arrive late in PC and always get a taxi, I pay US$ 175 and I always think it's money well spent not to get mugged and arrive comfortably.