How tall are Dominicans typically?

gregorio

Oct 26, 2015
5'7 on average? 5'8"? I haven't seen official statistics for men. I've noticed some of my Dominican family members comment on my height a lot even though I'm only 6'0" flat.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Much of height is dictated by diet during your early years. Their are certainly many Dominican athletes well over six feet tall and weighing 220 pounds. The most obvious example of nutrition influencing height is that the average height in North Korea is three inches shorter than that of South Korea.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Open your eyes. Might help maybe?

If it's about the comments, small talk like the rest of us. 'Oh I like your hair', 'Oh nice sneakers', 'nice car'.

Don't feel so much of an alien you feel incapable of making your own opinions on what you see with your own eyes in your environment. Unless you're a mail order hubby from abroad direct into the breast of your family barrio:ermm:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Open your eyes. Might help maybe?

If it's about the comments, small talk like the rest of us. 'Oh I like your hair', 'Oh nice sneakers', 'nice car'.

Don't feel so much of an alien you feel incapable of making your own opinions on what you see with your own eyes in your environment. Unless you're a mail order hubby from abroad direct into the breast of your family barrio:ermm:

Popcorn.

Mike

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Fun is good.
the trueth(correctly written/explained) would just make enemies, lol

Mike

We all love "trueth!" Ain't it the truth.

It's all linked to nutrition. I read a more troubling report recently that stated that 68% of Dominicans are now classified as obese.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We all love "trueth!" Ain't it the truth.

It's all linked to nutrition. I read a more troubling report recently that stated that 68% of Dominicans are now classified as obese.

not only in the DR. Dominicans have the highest rate of obese children in the NY school system.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Seriously? Did they link a cause?

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Probably greed. There is so much more crap food to be consumed in the USA. Greedy genes with lazy parents makes for fat arsed kids!

My daughter has greedy genes, she would stuff her face all day if I allowed it. I don't but she still tries. Lazy parents who'd prefer a silent child at the expense of a 50c treat are to blame. Any child who is fat only has it's parents to blame. Unless it is medical.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Seriously? Did they link a cause?

there are a few articles on this subject. here is a short excerpt from one of the working papers

Participants (n=486) were categorized as Mexican (29.4%), Dominican (8.4%), Puerto Rican (20.6%), other/mixed Hispanic (14.0%) or non-Hispanic Black (27.6%). Obesity rates were lower in non-Hispanic Blacks (18%) than in Hispanics (31%). Mexicans had the lowest obesity prevalence among Hispanic subgroups (25%) and Dominicans had the highest (39%). There were differences in mean daily servings of food groups with Mexicans having healthier diets and Puerto Ricans and non-Hispanic Blacks having less healthy diets. Sedentary time was lower in Mexicans than in other groups in adjusted models. Examination of additional models including home language did not show significant differences in the estimates.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Dominicans on average shorter than Americans IMHO.
I notice it every time I land in the DR and the people stand up to exit......I can see clear to the front of the plane, which is never the case in the US ;)

Apr 7, 2014
there are a few articles on this subject. here is a short excerpt from one of the working papers

Participants (n=486) were categorized as Mexican (29.4%), Dominican (8.4%), Puerto Rican (20.6%), other/mixed Hispanic (14.0%) or non-Hispanic Black (27.6%). Obesity rates were lower in non-Hispanic Blacks (18%) than in Hispanics (31%). Mexicans had the lowest obesity prevalence among Hispanic subgroups (25%) and Dominicans had the highest (39%). There were differences in mean daily servings of food groups with Mexicans having healthier diets and Puerto Ricans and non-Hispanic Blacks having less healthy diets. Sedentary time was lower in Mexicans than in other groups in adjusted models. Examination of additional models including home language did not show significant differences in the estimates.
Any psychological references, like depression, failure to adjust to life in the big city, etc.? I dont see any core difference between the Mexican, Colombian and Dominican diets. There is one fried item and one stewed item and one boiled item generally speaking. That and the PRican and Dominican diets are almost 100% the same.

I think there is a psychological aspect to this as most Dominicans come to New York with exceptionally high expectations and no preparation. Mexicans come with simple expectations and no preparation. The former gets depressed and eats more of the fried, stewed, boiled foods while the latter might not.

Then again the majority of both groups receive food stamps so it could be there food budget and pantry decisions.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they are short. the next evolutionary step for women here should be flat top of the head. :devious::devious::devious: