New Video Blogger here!

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
Hey everyone! I'm Alec and I've been around for a while, but never really introduced myself. I'm an actor and filmmaker living in the DR. I've been involved with the local film industry (such as it is) and have been working in commericals and documentaries.

Recently my wife and I decided to start a video blogging series about the DR. The site is Kiskeya.Life and that's also the name of the web series (you can find it under that name on YouTube). We've just begun, so we're still in the baby stages, but we're looking forward to covering as much of the island as we can and we could use your help!

We're looking for all and any places that are different and unusual. We will be covering basic travel and the most obvious places, but want to focus mostly on the roads less traveled. As an example of the lesser known places, we did this episode about the Los Patos river.

But we're really hoping to find the strangest but still coolest places on the island, so let us know if you have any suggestions. Beaches, mountains, nooks and crannies, even businesses...

Thanks and all the best to everyone!

/Alec & Lola

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Awesome!! Cool business! Good luck with it. An interesting piece would be on the fisherman on Macao Beach. They catch, clean, grill and serve delicious seafood all day with a smile and a story. Fascinating gentleman living as one with nature. Start it off with a Hemingway fly fishing yarn and bring it all home with a close up of sizzling langostinos!! Other than that, I can't think of anything.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Very neat!! Excited to look through what you have done so far.

As far as suggestions.. maybe a farm where they milk cows, make cheese, etc? Or something about 'daily life' way up in the campo (what they do with their day, what they eat, where they get water, etc.)?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Sounds cool. Hope you can keep it on the positive side. This place gets enough of the negative already.

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
Awesome!! Cool business! Good luck with it. An interesting piece would be on the fisherman on Macao Beach. They catch, clean, grill and serve delicious seafood all day with a smile and a story. Fascinating gentleman living as one with nature. Start it off with a Hemingway fly fishing yarn and bring it all home with a close up of sizzling langostinos!! Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Thanks so much! Yeah, we're hoping to make a bit of money with this eventually, but for now it's a passion project. I love the Macao Beach idea! I'm putting it on the list! I'm not sure when we can travel over there, but it seriously is something I want to do, more so in the way you suggested the editing flow. Thanks so much, and when we get to do it we'll credit you!

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
Sounds cool. Hope you can keep it on the positive side. This place gets enough of the negative already.

I know, right! I want to stick with the good stuff only. I'm hoping to do several on Haiti, and my Haitian friends have asked me to be positive especially with those pieces. And that's what I intent to do! Thanks for the feedback! :D

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
Very neat!! Excited to look through what you have done so far.

As far as suggestions.. maybe a farm where they milk cows, make cheese, etc? Or something about 'daily life' way up in the campo (what they do with their day, what they eat, where they get water, etc.)?

Yes! That's what I want! In fact, a while ago my brother and I shot a video about how Casava Bread is made in Moncion , and the positive feedback we got on that is what inspired K-Life for us. I figured that's the kind of stuff I want to see on YouTube... so let's do it!

I live in Jarabacoa and thus have more access to campo-life, so I seriously hope to do more on that. In fact, now that I think about it, we got coffee growers/roasters and a cheese factory in my own 'hood! Thanks for the idea! I'm putting it on my list!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
If you are into animals you could do a vid about Kee Kee Kee. The kittle white chicken found here. I have never seen one like this anywhare in the world. Have looked for it but no luck. It would be interesting if you did a story of them. they are like geese mate for life.

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
If you are into animals you could do a vid about Kee Kee Kee. The kittle white chicken found here. I have never seen one like this anywhare in the world. Have looked for it but no luck. It would be interesting if you did a story of them. they are like geese mate for life.

Yes, very interesting! Do you mean the white, almost fuzzy-looking breed with feathers down to their feet almost? Definitely something for the list! Thanks!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Yes, very interesting! Do you mean the white, almost fuzzy-looking breed with feathers down to their feet almost? Definitely something for the list! Thanks!

No theese are small the size of a pidgen color white only. look exactly like A white leghorn. They fly amazingly. I had a pair given to me once but they were to noisy for the city every one complained. The male got out of its cage and flew away. He would always come back and call to her and she would answer. It was so sad i let her go. The last i saw of her she was clearing a 3 story building and going fast. I never saw them again. that was my end of raising Kee Kee Kee. [thats what the locals call them thats the sound they make] I have looked all over the internet and chicken sites never found any likeness to them. Having grown up in farming country i think it is a unknown breed just found here!

AlecCorday

Feb 26, 2014
kiskeya.life
No theese are small the size of a pidgen color white only. look exactly like A white leghorn. They fly amazingly. I had a pair given to me once but they were to noisy for the city every one complained. The male got out of its cage and flew away. He would always come back and call to her and she would answer. It was so sad i let her go. The last i saw of her she was clearing a 3 story building and going fast. I never saw them again. that was my end of raising Kee Kee Kee. [thats what the locals call them thats the sound they make] I have looked all over the internet and chicken sites never found any likeness to them. Having grown up in farming country i think it is a unknown breed just found here!

Wow. I will look it up! Seriously something for an article or video or at least instagram post where we put short interesting facts. But I'll have to research it first and ask around. I think I'v seen them, I just need to remember where. Thanks!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I had in mind to raise them to sell to exocit bird collectors. But who would want such a noisy bird they are worse than normal Dominican chickens !