Liquor stores in Higuey?

dajjorg

Sep 29, 2014
Am traveling from Hato Mayor to Yuma tomorrow to visit a friend, will be stopping through in Higuey in the process. I'd like to pick up a bottle of some nicer spirit in the process. Are there any liquor stores in Higuey with comparable selections to the big ones in Santo Domingo? What's the biggest selection you will find in town there?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You can't swing a dead cat and not hit 200 liquor stores. If you still can't find one cause you throw like a girl La Sierena has a really good selection of alcohol.

dajjorg

Sep 29, 2014
okay thanks, will check out the Sirena. I'm talking about higher-end liquor stores that probably cater more to foreigners, not the mom and pop ones. I'm looking specifically for higher-end American bourbon, which has been almost impossible to find here in the DR, even in the super-fancy/super-big liquor stores in Santo Domingo (hence I ask "comparable selections to the big ones in Santo Domingo").

You can't swing a dead cat and not hit 200 liquor stores. If you still can't find one cause you throw like a girl La Sierena has a really good selection of alcohol.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
okay thanks, will check out the Sirena. I'm talking about higher-end liquor stores that probably cater more to foreigners, not the mom and pop ones. I'm looking specifically for higher-end American bourbon, which has been almost impossible to find here in the DR, even in the super-fancy/super-big liquor stores in Santo Domingo (hence I ask "comparable selections to the big ones in Santo Domingo").

If you can't find it in Santo Domingo, chances are you won't find it in Higuey.