Eye Exam & Purchasing Prescription Glass

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Any recommendation or personal experience for a good place for eye exam and buying prescription glasses in Santo Domingo or San Pedro Macoris. Doesn't have to be English Speaking.

Any places that I should avoid !

Thanks,
XTraveller

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Any recommendation or personal experience for a good place for eye exam and buying prescription glasses in Santo Domingo or San Pedro Macoris. Doesn't have to be English Speaking.

Any places that I should avoid !

Thanks,
XTraveller

Timely question for me. I am interested in the responses myself. While waiting for my dental appointment I had an exam Monday at Amerident on Tiradentes y 27th Feb in SDQ. They also have a small optical business. Exam was just 200 pesos with my Palic Insurance. Bifocals with frames run anywhere from 3,200 RD to 6,000 RD with a 30% discount but all the lenses are plastic. I took the prescription and want to look around for other options.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Head to the Clinica Oftalmologica de Santo Domingo located at Calle Desiderio Arias 13 in Santo Domingo. They will take your insurance. They have a small shop with a good enough selection, but you can bring your own frames and they will fit the lenses. I did so recently and am very pleased, prices were much better for the lens than at Optica Felix, which has one of the largest selection of eye glasses here. You should consider seeing a doctor to get a preventive eye examination. Appointments are required.
Dr. Herbert Stern, the owner is a wonderful and very knowledgeable person. He is English-speaking. I believe several other doctors would also speak English.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for the Replies.

ZC1& Dolores, I am looking for progressive lenses. The price is not my biggest concern but the Quality of the exam and the Lenses are. I am willing to pay top price but for very good work.
Dolores you talk about Clinica Oftalmologica & Optica Felix which one will have the best Quality (Exam &Lenses), frames are secondary for me. Which place are you talking about for preventive eye examination? (Note English speaking is not required)

ZC1 I think that most lenses today are plastic (of course there are many different Qualities). Glass lenses are only needed today if you need serious correction.

XTraveller