Santo Domingo- best area to buy in

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hey

I'm considering real estate in Santo Domingo. To assist me in narrowing my search i hope someone can point me in the right direction, based on the following needs

This is my lifestyle
Must be close to night clubs or thriving social scene 25-55 year olds... 15-20 minute drive max i.e Venuzuala street or open to any other party zones . As opposed to Heriberto's colmado on calle la playa
i bike 15kms a day- need access to decent or safe'ish roads...if thats even possible
Gym
Swim 600 metres a day - preferably within 1 to 12 minutes drive to a decent sized beach 300 metres/yards in lenght at least. Or olympic pool
Apartment studio 60-75k range, it should be a popular area so that re-sale of my property could occur if needed
Nice safe area full of upper middle class locals or foreigners

So if anyone can outline areas for me to look at on the real estate websites let me know
It may be that i have to consider 'out of SD' slightly. i.e Boca chica, Guyacanes????

cheers

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you can find all this please share. I am very optimistic and I don't know if what you want exists at that price point. Hope it works out for you.
PS. Safe roads do not happen here for cyclists. They don't even exist for motorists.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I looking forward to the answer as well.

Couple things: If resale need may pop up quickly, why not rent and figure out the ideal location along the way? How flexible is your price? 25k to 50k more would open up a wider universe of options. Best of luck!!

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I looking forward to the answer as well.

Couple things: If resale need may pop up quickly, why not rent and figure out the ideal location along the way? How flexible is your price? 25k to 50k more would open up a wider universe of options. Best of luck!!

Okay extend it 25k through to 100k

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Hey

I'm considering real estate in Santo Domingo. To assist me in narrowing my search i hope someone can point me in the right direction, based on the following needs

This is my lifestyle
Must be close to night clubs or thriving social scene 25-55 year olds... 15-20 minute drive max i.e Venuzuala street or open to any other party zones . As opposed to Heriberto's colmado on calle la playa
i bike 15kms a day- need access to decent or safe'ish roads...if thats even possible
Gym
Swim 600 metres a day - preferably within 1 to 12 minutes drive to a decent sized beach 300 metres/yards in lenght at least. Or olympic pool
Apartment studio 60-75k range, it should be a popular area so that re-sale of my property could occur if needed

So if anyone can outline areas for me to look at on the real estate websites let me know
It may be that i have to consider 'out of SD' slightly. i.e Boca chica, Guyacanes????

cheers
Hello and best of luck on your search. La Zona Colonial is the best spot but out of your price range. Gazcue is agood spot for many of the reasons you state. Please know that there isn't a beach clean enough to swim in near SDQ but there are local hotels who offer access to their pool for a negotiated fee. Gazcue is close to La Zona Colonial night life and it is safe. Your 20 minute drive is a challenge anywhere that you need to cross Maximo Gomez. Another nice area is behind IKEA, great shopping in walking distance, Good Gyms, shorter drive time, but less of a community like Gazcue or La Zona Colonial.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hey

It has always been said, rent for two years before considering to purchase.

This is my lifestyle
Must be close to night clubs or thriving social scene 25-55 year olds... 15-20 minute drive max i.e Venuzuala street or open to any other party zones . As opposed to Heriberto's colmado on calle la playa.

A twenty minute drive to clubs on the other side of the river is doable especially when going after 10PM.

Plenty of people bike on the malecon early morning and just as the sun is going down. NOT in the street but on the wide sidewalk.

Gym

Someone had posted awhile back about a health club I believe in Naco that has a decent size pool.

Naco or Piatini are really nice neighborhoods but you definitely need a car. I like Gazcue because it is small and you can get a lot done without a car.

Surely you are just joking, especially Boca Chica. Also both of the cities are not slightly out of SD, the are out or remote from SD.

cheers

One other thing consider an apartment close to a Metro train stop. You can get to a lot of places in half the time and one tenth the cost using the Metro. Especially Monday to Friday.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check Av. Gustavo Mejia Ricart, lots of clubs. If you are a biker, you can bike to the Olympic Center avoiding the heavy traffic. Good suggestion to look for a place walking distance from the Metro. The Metro will soon take you to the Av. Venezuela clubs.