Newbie to DR1 from Nova Scotia, Canada

GJM

Aug 30, 2015
Would like contact with fellow Canadians living in DR. especially fellow Maritimers.
Hope of moving soon to Santo Domingo.

Thanks Dr1
Glen

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Welcome. I am from Western Canada so sorry I don't speak newfie. Good luck and enjoy.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Welcome. Maritimers don't move to Santo Domingo. SD is nothing like home with what seems like more people than the 4 east coast provinces combined. :) Big, crowded, noisy, polluted and traffic from hell. But you may be happy even there even if no one can understand a word you say in Spanish because of your east coast accent.

Sink a ship!

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Welcome GJM!! Excited to hear from a fellow Nova Scotian!! I am from Shelburne on the south shore of NS, then later studied and worked in Halifax before travel and eventually ending up here in the DR where I've been living with my husband (and now our two daughters born here) full time for 7 1/2 years. I am up on the North Coast in Cabrera. What brings you to the DR.. and Santo Domingo in particular?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well good lucks are u here for the sexercising classes once a week or as necessary???

Cash

May 16, 2013
Welcome,
I'm not front NS either but have many friends
and family there. Most are in Cape Breton though
and it is one of my favorite places to be in the Summer.
Melphis - being from Western Canada you should know
Nova Scotia is not Newfoundland/Labadour.
The into was:
Newbie.....Not Newfie. ...
They speak scotian.......don't they..

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Would like contact with fellow Canadians living in DR. especially fellow Maritimers.
Hope of moving soon to Santo Domingo.

Thanks Dr1
Glen

Hola Glen,
Welcome to the DR and it's rich and interesting culture. I'm a retired Newfoundlander and I winter in
Playa Dorada near Puerto Plata. May I ask what motivated your move to Santo Domingo? Lived in Dartmouth for 18 years and moved back to NL and retired 6 years ago.
Randy

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Welcome GJM!!! I am not a Canadian, but am willing to learn.

It's easy. Pay your taxes on time and without question. Say your sorry a lot even if you don't mean it. Buy a fur lined jock strap for winter sports. If only Canada and the USA were divided vertically instead of horizontally! We'ed have Key West to party in. Only problem is there wouldn't be a Canadian living North of the Mason-Dixon line. There are millions of Canadians living in the USA. We call them Democrats.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Actually a Cape Bretoner is just a Newfoundlander who ran out of money on his way to work in Toronto. As the song says,"Thank God we're surrounded by water". Or the newest version which goes, "Thank God were surrounded by oil".

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
It's easy. Pay your taxes on time and without question. Say your sorry a lot even if you don't mean it. Buy a fur lined jock strap for winter sports. If only Canada and the USA were divided vertically instead of horizontally! We'ed have Key West to party in. Only problem is there wouldn't be a Canadian living North of the Mason-Dixon line. There are millions of Canadians living in the USA. We call them Democrats.

Hahaha! I guess I qualify. You are still welcome to party in Key West, you just need to clean up your Molson bottles, pucks, and Rush albums before you leave.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Big, crowded, noisy, polluted, traffic from hell. Hmmmmm. Sounds like Toronto minus the Palm trees.