Fcuk Wok opened today in Cabarete

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I am excited to hear how it is. Come on Cabarete DR1ers, give it a taste test for the rest of us! ;) I might have to drive to Cabarete for this if it gets a thumbs up. I sure have been missing Chinese food!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's Kung Pao, he was being "funny".
I am not going to make soup suggestions.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It's Kung Pao, he was being "funny".
I am not going to make soup suggestions.

an innocent typo im sure, not sure what ever put that in my head..
but my standard is just shrimp and Broccoli which I had last night in fact, and hot and sour soup, which is how a Judge a Chinese Restaurant, if the Hot and Sour Soup is not right, the rest is probably not good either..
I will be giving the place a try.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No soup for you!

an innocent typo im sure, not sure what ever put that in my head..
but my standard is just shrimp and Broccoli which I had last night in fact, and hot and sour soup, which is how a Judge a Chinese Restaurant, if the Hot and Sour Soup is not right, the rest is probably not good either..
I will be giving the place a try.

With no soup on the menu, you will need another basis for comparison.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
There has been a Chinese restaurant at the beginning of the Cabarete on the main road on the right (coming from Sosua) for years. I go and eat there at least once a week, nothing exciting but always deliver what I like at good prices, chicken or pork noodle dish 150p (I think with rice is 145p), some dish with bambu 210p (incl. white rice, can't remember exact name but it's great), no tax or service charge added (perhaps one of the few places in Cabarete that doesn't add anything).

Let's see if the new place can compete with that...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At least it isn't another bad pizza place. I tried pizza last night at a place I never tried before. It looked good and that is all I will say about that.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I will be going there shortly to try the orange chicken.

I (we) love orange chicken. They have one chance, so Mr. Owner, if you are reading this, don't **** it up.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Looks like Panda Express, sorta. Not great, but it works fine if you're really running late for your plane (and want everyone on the flight to know what you had for dinner, lol).

Hope they do well. That actually might work well down the road in Sosua, too (especially if they're open extra late on the weekends).

Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if all night breakfast, pizza-by-the-slice, gyros, cheese-steakish spots aren't more open in Sosua. Back in the day PJs was pretty much open 24 hours. The menu was a bit overpriced, and the food was just ok, but chuck has a way of tasting like chateaubriand at 3 a.m., lol.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Need to take the short the ride and try them

Still not sure if it's a good spot as it's a bit of a food place there, or a bad spot because he will have to be excellent to get me away from Gordito's.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Need to take the short the ride and try them

Still not sure if it's a good spot as it's a bit of a food place there, or a bad spot because he will have to be excellent to get me away from Gordito's.

Is it in the same plaza as Gordito's? I agree! But for me it could be a good thing if in the same plaza since coming from Cabrera, if I am going to make the trip all the way there, I'll just have to get both, one to eat then and the other to bring home! ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if all night breakfast, pizza-by-the-slice, gyros, cheese-steakish spots aren't more open in Sosua. Back in the day PJs was pretty much open 24 hours. The menu was a bit overpriced, and the food was just ok, but chuck has a way of tasting like chateaubriand at 3 a.m., lol.

PJ's was a step down from the chimi street carts across the highway by the bomba.
Never met Chuck, I stuck with Yokaira or Solanyi.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
There has been a Chinese restaurant at the beginning of the Cabarete on the main road on the right (coming from Sosua) for years. I go and eat there at least once a week, nothing exciting but always deliver what I like at good prices, chicken or pork noodle dish 150p (I think with rice is 145p), some dish with bambu 210p (incl. white rice, can't remember exact name but it's great), no tax or service charge added (perhaps one of the few places in Cabarete that doesn't add anything).

Let's see if the new place can compete with that...

There is also a newer and (I think) better Chinese two doors down from the original one, with equally competitive prices, so this newest place will have to be good.

I can't stand the new place's name. I hope the food is more tasteful than the name, but I won't be rushing to try it any more than I rushed to wear a FCUK T-shirt when French Connection UK used the same gimmick.