Positive or Negative?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
This is the result of a Blood Test for Pregnancy. Big Question: Is it Positive or Negative? (...and why can't these pea brains not state that there? :))

Anybody?

QUIMICA SANGUINEA
SUBUNIDAD BHCG 24.3 < 5.0 * mUI/mL
* En ptes sanos, para embarazo anexos

ANEXOS
| 0 - 1 Semanas | 5 - 50 |
| 1 - 2 Semanas | 40 - 300 |
| 2 - 3 Semanas | 100 - 1,000 |
| 3 - 4 Semanas | 500 - 6,000 |
| 1 - 2 Meses | 15,000 - 200,000 |
| 2 - 3 Meses | 10,000 - 100,000 |
| 2do Trimestre | 3,000 - 50,000 |
| 3er Trimestre | 1,000 - 50,000 |

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Errm... The gynecologist just saw the result and she "whatsapped" us telling us "CONGRATS", "Efectivamente embarazado!!!"."Since around two weeks..."

Tashi's explanation makes more sense to me though. Do they measure differently in the Dominican Republic?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It depends on how many weeks late she is. When was her last period? When was likely conception? Unlike the expression you cannot get a little bit pregnant, in reality you can. A fertilized egg which is not producing enough of the HCG hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin) is not likely to stick and will result in an early miscarriage.
If however she is in the less than 1 week range given on the test then she may be pregnant and it may be viable.
http://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

Period is 8 days overdue, we did a sonografia today nothing yet but Doctora says indications for possible pregnancy are there...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Get a "pee on a stick" test at the pharmacy.

The more sensitive ones are + even before missing a period and all will be positive by 7 days late.

Bob K

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Get a "pee on a stick" test at the pharmacy.

The more sensitive ones are + even before missing a period and all will be positive by 7 days late.

Bob K

We did. Yesterday. The second row became visible but still faded so we decided to go for the blood test today.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
It is positive. However, with those levels and the fading second line at 8 days past her period was due, it may sadly result in an early miscarriage... but hopefully not!! Hope to hear of levels rising soon.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Anything under 5 is considered negative. Anything between 5 and 50 is normal during first 3 weeks after conception. Levels generally double every 48 to 72 hours.

The numbers usually level off around the end of the first trimester.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Just as a note, when the mother of my daughter was pregnant or we thought she was I took her 3 times to the same clinic over 2 or 3 weeks, and the results were coming back as not pregnant. But we couldn't understand how given the natural circumstances and signs. I think it was about 4 or 5 weeks in before we got a positive result from the clinic, after testing on 2 pee sticks and them showing positive, and then deciding on going to a different clinic.

Good luck and congrats if it is the good news!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Her ginecologa from one Centro Medico told her "Felicidades" yesterday. We went to her "old" ginecologa today because of the contrary responses here on DR1 too and she said "negative" or cannot be estimated yet.

You right she told us to wait a couple weeks more...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Her ginecologa from one Centro Medico told her "Felicidades" yesterday. We went to her "old" ginecologa today because of the contrary responses here on DR1 too and she said "negative" or cannot be estimated yet.

You right she told us to wait a couple weeks more...

there's no hurry, Mike.
the newborn will stick around da house for couple decades or so,
no hurry
lol

Mike

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
But I'll wager you can't help but buy a pee stick every time you pass a pharmacy until you know. :D