DR on US news travel best of caribbean list

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Best affordable is an odd ranking (city against islands but anyway i.e Punta cana vs Jamaica).
In any case ,I find PR less affordable than DR, don't see how it would be ranked before DR.

DR should have been #1

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
next to location you can see "comments". click and a pop up will open with readers comments on that particular destination.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Best affordable is an odd ranking (city against islands but anyway i.e Punta cana vs Jamaica).
In any case ,I find PR less affordable than DR, don't see how it would be ranked before DR.
DR should have been #1

indeed, strange. it kinda shows certain disconnection between tourists spots and DR on the whole... i agree DR should have taken number one spot in terms of affordability.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am reeling with disbelief that PP makes the list under cheerful. Cheerful ?????????? Words fail me.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
OK, so POP is now in the Caribbean.

of course it is in the Caribbean.
the Caribbean is a wide region, by far not restricted to the few beaches who border the Caribbean Sea.
don't mistake the Caribbean Sea with the Caribbean as a region.
most Caribbean Island-Beaches for example do not border the Caribbean Sea, they are located at the waters of the Tropical Atlantic and the Western Atlantic Ocean.
Hispaniola is a Island in the Caribbean, everything dominican is in the Caribbean.
that includes the Nortshores/POP.

Mike

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
OK, I stand corrected.

My next destination is the Caribbean island of Galveston for Mardi Gras, and a day trip to that other Caribbean hideaway, the Bolivar Peninsula.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

While technically and geographically speaking POP is not in the Caribbean (like Havanna), neither are all islands of The Bahamas, however, most travel books, TV channels, and other media widely classify all of these destinations as 'Caribbean.'

San Juan would also not be in the Caribbean, technically speaking, right?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If it is surrounded by water, has Beaches and Palm trees, and not too far from the East Coast ....I call that the Caribbean.

Lucifer can crucify me ;)

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

DR should have been #1

Puerto Rico is almost as expensive as New York

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
As much as are The Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Barbados; and, my personal favorite to see it mentioned as a 'Caribbean destination' is Bermuda. The first three are understandable, but Bermuda it really is an interesting 'fact.' LOL

At least POP is on an island that has most of its coast bathed by the Caribbean Sea, unlike some other 'Caribbean' destinations.

Hopefully Global Warming would make it possible for some palm species to be grown on Long Island, NY and that too will be declared a Caribbean destination. Parts of Queens and Brooklyn already have the Caribbean population, all that is needed are the palm trees. If Bermuda is Caribbean, so too can a Long Island with palms.

Lastly, I find it interesting that The Bahamas are 'Caribbean,' but the Florida Keys are not.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
that's above it.........

disqualified
Don't tell that to many tourism promoters for 'the Caribbean.'

map-of-c.jpg

Aaah, Dominican Republic is now an island as far as that map is concerned. The way it should had been... meh...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Don't tell that to many tourism promoters for 'the Caribbean.'

map-of-c.jpg

Aaah, Dominican Republic is now an island as far as that map is concerned. The way it should had been... meh...

yeah,
on that Map they nuked Haiti down to Atlantis, lol
and your Map is incolplete, as the Yucatan Peninsula is not shown,
but often refered to as a Caribbean Destination.
and at least it borders on it's East the Caribbean Sea.

Mike

Mike