Parking Punta Cana airport

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Hi, how does the parking at Punta Cana airport work (where is it, how much can I expect to pay)? I need to leave a car there for 8 days or so.

Cheers
Roy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I don't think you can even leave a car there overnight. There are 2 lots. One at the old terminal and the other across from the new one. The new one is almost all taken up by transport vehicles. The old one you never could park overnight in the past, as I wanted to once and was told no. But now I am not sure of the policy, but I would count on not doing it.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Just to reinforce SKY ,firstly it is highly unlikely that you will find a parking spot and secondly you cannot leave cars there overnight, and I know of no carpark close by where you can. One of the worst things about the Punta Cana airport is the car parking

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There is no overnight parking. Take TSD's advice and take a taxi

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Unfortunately this is not Europe or America where you can do that and be relieved.As mentioned earlier, easier for you to take a cab from your place and if you do not have private parking then try to ask your friends to keep your car with them for 8 days. Most important, there is no such system as much as i am aware in Punta Cana airport and even if there then it's definitely not safe.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am not recommending this, but you can park your car at Punta Cana Village which is about a mile or two from the airport.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If security notices a vehicle staying overnight at the airport or Village they'll put a boot on it and charge you a fine to take it off. Just the other day there was a Hummer in the new parking lot with a boot on it.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I parked at Punta Cana the other day to meet someone, you had to take a ticket when you went in and there were charges displayed. But when I left, there was no means of paying the charges, and no barrier. Having lived here for years, I didn't find this at all strange, which is a bit of a worry.

Feb 7, 2007
If security notices a vehicle staying overnight at the airport or Village they'll put a boot on it and charge you a fine to take it off. Just the other day there was a Hummer in the new parking lot with a boot on it.

Depending on how much is the fine, the parking "fine" may be a cheaper than a cab

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last I heard several years ago it was 2,500 pesos. Plus you have to go thru the bother of going to pay at the corporate office which works regular office hours and closes on week-ends.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I am not recommending this, but you can park your car at Punta Cana Village which is about a mile or two from the airport.

Bad idea, the security there have little enough to do as it is, a permanently parked car will bring about too much attention. And you can not be guaranteed it'll even be there on return if parked illegally, or considered abandoned.

Have a friend drive over with you and hold onto the car for the week, keep it secure or use it, then come pick you up in it when you return.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I parked at Punta Cana the other day to meet someone, you had to take a ticket when you went in and there were charges displayed. But when I left, there was no means of paying the charges, and no barrier. Having lived here for years, I didn't find this at all strange, which is a bit of a worry.

I was there 2 days ago. The way it works now is you get the ticket, then there is a booth to the left of the entrance where they validate the ticket for exit. If you are there a short time no charge. The exit is on the opposite end. You put the ticket in and the gate opens. If you don't validate the ticket the gate does not open. I found this out the hard way.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes SKY , that is if you can actually find a place to park when you try to meet arriving passengers.. The carpark is way too small

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes SKY , that is if you can actually find a place to park when you try to meet arriving passengers.. The carpark is way too small

Agree, I just get there late and pick the person up outside by the road.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
As far as I know Punta Cana Airport Parking is for free, they have to parking lots in front of the airport is for Turistic Buses and taxis drivers from Airport the another one is public access, and not charge, so I dont think you could leave your car there. Park and fly do not exist there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
As far as I know Punta Cana Airport Parking is for free, they have to parking lots in front of the airport is for Turistic Buses and taxis drivers from Airport the another one is public access, and not charge, so I dont think you could leave your car there. Park and fly do not exist there.

Used to be free, not anymore. The new lot charges, but if you leave within a certain time no charge. See my previous post about how to get out of there.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
I thought I would put an post up on what the actual details are, as of November 2015.

There is long term parking. It is outside terminal A arrivals in the same car park the coaches use to pick up the charter flight groups. The parking is on the edge facing you as you drive through the security barrier and runs down that entire edge, I estimate around 80 spaces.
It's away from the coaches, separated by two lanes.

You get a ticket as you go in the car park and then park up.
On return, you pay at the machines outside terminal A arrivals and need your entry ticket. Cost is 500RDS per day and payment in the machines is cash only, no cards.

I left my car there for 11 days (3 more than originally planned) and it was there, undamaged when I returned.

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
- There is a bad formula of :
POOR COUNTRY + GUYS FROM RICH COUNTRIES WITHOUT MONEY = A DISASTER IN THE WAITING.
The universal formula to be a TOURIST = HAVE MONEY TO SPEND.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Is there anywhere in Punta Cana you can safely leave your car for a week?

I'm willing to stay in a hotel on the day before I leave and on the day I return if it means I can keep my car there without getting it towed.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Is there anywhere in Punta Cana you can safely leave your car for a week?

I'm willing to stay in a hotel on the day before I leave and on the day I return if it means I can keep my car there without getting it towed.

To my knowledge no hotels offer this option.