Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: LADIES ONLY! And Now A Few Words From Meemselle....because one word is never enough

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why whenever someone (repair person, etc..) comes to the house, I avoid all small talk. All I really want is for them to fix the problem and go. Ask me whatever you would like about the problem I called about (what's not working, etc...) but nothing more. Maybe that sounds harsh but I truly have no interest in small talk while they are fixing whatever. For me it is uncomfortable when the conversation turns personal with someone who is there to fix/repair something.

2. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    That's why whenever someone (repair person, etc..) comes to the house, I avoid all small talk. All I really want is for them to fix the problem and go. Ask me whatever you would like about the problem I called about (what's not working, etc...) but nothing more. Maybe that sounds harsh but I truly have no interest in small talk while they are fixing whatever. For me it is uncomfortable when the conversation turns personal with someone who is there to fix/repair something.
    I agree, but I find that in many cases Dominicans are lacking the filter that others have. Whatever they’re thinking....that’s what they say or ask. They love to gossip, even the men. Because Mr AE and I only speak English to one another, they assume I don’t speak or understand Spanish, so I escape a lot of that, lol.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I’m encountering a lot of fascists lately. They assume that I share their political views and strike up these random conversations as though I automatically agree with their BS 100%. What? Since when do people do that? Adios, idiot. In Canada I’d pay more to avoid blatant idiot fascists. Because I personally don’t want to contribute to a fascist in any way, shape, or form so when they reveal themselves to me, the political becomes very personal.

I was always taught that starting a political conversation with strangers was in bad taste. Apparently not anymore, yuck.

However, in the DR, my question would be whether or not you can find a replacement repair person who will NOT create even more bloody headache. If you can find someone else that is recommended, ditch the idiot fascist. But if not, make the visit as short as possible and don’t call him again. Not ideal but, no more Chinese water torture? (I hope).
    Last edited by Auryn; 04-05-2019 at 06:52 AM.

5. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes AE, they all assume I speak no Spanish. Then they are surprised I understand everything they are saying. My spouse normally will say, " Ella entiende todo lo que dices".

7. Likes Matilda, Meemselle liked this post
    Dislikes Meemselle disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    Yes AE, they all assume I speak no Spanish. Then they are surprised I understand everything they are saying. My spouse normally will say, " Ella entiende todo lo que dices".
    LIKE, LIKE: DISLIKE is a mistake!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I agree, but I find that in many cases Dominicans are lacking the filter that others have. Whatever they’re thinking....that’s what they say or ask. They love to gossip, even the men. Because Mr AE and I only speak English to one another, they assume I don’t speak or understand Spanish, so I escape a lot of that, lol.
    This was from the Canadian.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980