Humano health insurance

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
I have a question for you. My boyfriend has Humano health insurance through work and we live together. Can he add me to his policy or do we need to be married? If he cannot add me then does someone have a contact number for an English speaking rep from Humano?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I wouldn't recommend talking to some yahoo on the phone. Go to a local Humano office. Look someone in the eye and ask them your question. Write down their name. Go get another number, to back of the line, and ask a different person the same question. Write down their name. If the two people give you the same answer, bow it must be a miracle.

Of course, boyfriend should also ask at work and see what they say. Any application for "partner" benefits will have to originate from his workplace.

Rgds.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
You must be married to be on the policy.

I agree with Cdn_gringo about going in face to face.

Even then it's a crap shoot with who you speak with. My wife called them a few different times about our policy and every time got different information.

Good luck.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
You must be married to be on the policy.

I agree with Cdn_gringo about going in face to face.

Even then it's a crap shoot with who you speak with. My wife called them a few different times about our policy and every time got different information.

Good luck.

That is wrong information, you dont need to be married in order to be as dependant of your husband, boyfriends living together or whater, you just have to have a document from a Lawer that certify that you live together in free union as we call it here in Spanish (Union Libre). To add you is totaly free and not extra charges. Tell your boyfriend to contact the sales representant of Humano for his workplace.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
That is wrong information, you dont need to be married in order to be as dependant of your husband, boyfriends living together or whater, you just have to have a document from a Lawer that certify that you live together in free union as we call it here in Spanish (Union Libre). To add you is totaly free and not extra charges. Tell your boyfriend to contact the sales representant of Humano for his workplace.

That just goes to show you how wrong Humano is.

More than 3 reps told us (before we were married) that I cannot be on my wife's policy.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015

I will have him do that tomorrow. Will let you know what the outcome is.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think your bf needs to check with HR department within his company, they are the one who handle insurance policies of employees. talking directly to ARS may not be quite as useful.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
We?ve had Humano for about a year now. We bought it via an agency/broker and not directly from the insurer, and based on the experience this far, I?d recommend this way as well.

We?ve never waited for service and the staff is very clear and concise with the information.

When the contract began, Humano tried to charge us twice and called my wife, who "yelled" back that we have a receipt of cash payment right here. The girl said that she was looking the wrong place and hung up quickly...

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
That just goes to show you how wrong Humano is.

More than 3 reps told us (before we were married) that I cannot be on my wife's policy.
Unless you were certified as being in a Union Libre, they were not wrong.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Remember to add aditionals people they dont make any money, there is not extra charges for wife and kids, no matter how many kids do you have under the monthly payment will be the same as if you were alone in your insurance when is coming from yourwork place, so If you tell them my boyfriend (Novio) for sure they will tell you not you can not, and its true you can not, But if you tell them mi marido but we are not married, they will give you the correct answers how he can add you.

But yes as somebody else said here he must go to the Human Resource Department from at his workplace and they help him with not stress.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
He called today and was told that we need to bring in a letter from a lawyer stating that we are in a union libre and drop it of at megacentral.