Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Humano health insurance

I have a question for you. My boyfriend has Humano health insurance through work and we live together. Can he add me to his policy or do we need to be married? If he cannot add me then does someone have a contact number for an English speaking rep from Humano?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't recommend talking to some yahoo on the phone. Go to a local Humano office. Look someone in the eye and ask them your question. Write down their name. Go get another number, to back of the line, and ask a different person the same question. Write down their name. If the two people give you the same answer, bow it must be a miracle.

Of course, boyfriend should also ask at work and see what they say. Any application for "partner" benefits will have to originate from his workplace.

Rgds.

3. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a PM

5. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be married to be on the policy.

I agree with Cdn_gringo about going in face to face.

Even then it's a crap shoot with who you speak with. My wife called them a few different times about our policy and every time got different information.

Good luck.

7. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    You must be married to be on the policy.

I agree with Cdn_gringo about going in face to face.

Even then it's a crap shoot with who you speak with. My wife called them a few different times about our policy and every time got different information.

Good luck.
    That is wrong information, you dont need to be married in order to be as dependant of your husband, boyfriends living together or whater, you just have to have a document from a Lawer that certify that you live together in free union as we call it here in Spanish (Union Libre). To add you is totaly free and not extra charges. Tell your boyfriend to contact the sales representant of Humano for his workplace.

9. Likes AlterEgo, Andrea Duguay, Dumbar liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not just get your own individual Humano policy, not attached to his policy???

11. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    That is wrong information, you dont need to be married in order to be as dependant of your husband, boyfriends living together or whater, you just have to have a document from a Lawer that certify that you live together in free union as we call it here in Spanish (Union Libre). To add you is totaly free and not extra charges. Tell your boyfriend to contact the sales representant of Humano for his workplace.
    That just goes to show you how wrong Humano is.

More than 3 reps told us (before we were married) that I cannot be on my wife's policy.

13. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJSantoDomingo View Post
    Why not just get your own individual Humano policy, not attached to his policy???
    I am going to look into getting my own policy. Was thinking of getting the Global Platinum though ARS Humano. Depends on the price though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    I will have him do that tomorrow. Will let you know what the outcome is.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think your bf needs to check with HR department within his company, they are the one who handle insurance policies of employees. talking directly to ARS may not be quite as useful.

17. Likes Andrea Duguay liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast