Amazon

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Has anyone purchased items from Amazon and had it shipped to DR was it easy or hard and how long did it take for you to receive items.

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
Yes, I have ordered from Amazon many times and it was quite simple. I have an Amazon Prime membership, so the shipping to my Blue Courier Miami address was free. I think the Blue Courier fee is 170 pesos per pound. Took about 4 days to receive items. I have been very happy with the process.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We do it all the time and have the items shipped to our CPS account in Miami then on to here. Usually less than a week total and have had no problems.
Bob K

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
I use MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) and it's normally with me 3 days after delivery to the Miami address. They dealt with customs on the items above $200 and I just had to pay DGII directly for any taxes which I could do online.
Delivers to the local MBE office for me to collect but they will deliver for extra.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Has anyone purchased items from Amazon and had it shipped to DR was it easy or hard and how long did it take for you to receive items.

The question is a little vague but we can figure it out.

Best bet here in the DR is to open a free account with a freight forwarder of your choice. Lots of threads and company suggestions on this site. RPS, CPS, and others all seem to work well. You instruct Amazon to ship to you at an address provided by the forwarder in the US and then the forwarder gets the package into the DR.

Do not ship your items directly from Amazon to the DR. Doing this potentially results in you having to deal with customs rather than the forwarder which can be a pain and is definitely inconvenient. Delivery of Int'l packages to you here in the DR can be another headache you don't need.

Keep your total purchase price including shipping and taxes to less than $200 USD. Over that amount and you will probably have to pay taxes and duty here in the DR.

For large, heavy or dangerous goods, there are different and better alternatives. Just ask.

Enjoy shopping.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All the time using Encargopaq in Cabarete. Far more purchases using Ebay than Amazon.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All the time using Encargopaq in Cabarete. Far more purchases using Ebay than Amazon.

Almost every time I find something on Amazon the same item costs less on Ebay. Counting any shipping price of course.