Buying electronics in December

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Are you able to purchase electronics over $200 in Decemer without paying taxes? Or is that just bringing them in on arriving flights?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, you are not. even the grace period for bringing electronics in december is for dominicans only who have not visited DR for at least 6 months.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I'm sure you're tired of this.....

use a mudanza...... $200 rule goes out the window

William, not at all, I welcome each of your "mudanza" suggestions like it's a shiny, new bicycle!!! By the way, if I were to receive a shiny, new bicycle, how would you recommend I get it here???

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Depending on the electronic item, you may pay a lot even with a mundanza. If you can fit it into a generic brown box, and not disclose what's really in there [a risk in case it gets opened], you will pay at least $75. If you're shipping something new, in an original box, it's not that great a deal. We wanted to ship down an AC [small] that cost about $250 at Sam's club, the mundanza changed by the BTUs, and wanted $250 to ship it. We bought one in DR for much less than $500.

Even coming through the airports, the airlines sometimes do not cooperate. We wanted to bring down a flat screen TV next month, but American Airlines has an embargo on boxes then, so that's the end of that great idea.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
William, not at all, I welcome each of your "mudanza" suggestions like it's a shiny, new bicycle!!! By the way, if I were to receive a shiny, new bicycle, how would you recommend I get it here???

Call Mary Poppins...... she brings all my Christmas goodies....

go ahead - kick me around the block - Big Boy=Me
I can take it.......unlike some

hahahaha

2x4 kills me

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm starting to like 4 eyes............

Nick names are good.... don't start me...
friendly.... friendly... is what nick names are

dajjorg

Sep 29, 2014
Hey all,

On the topic of electronics, I'm looking to buy a projector for classroom purposes and want to check out some mega-electronic stores in Santo Domingo. From online research, I've gathered that the biggest electronics stores in Santo Domingo are Corripio and Omega Tech. Are there any others that come to mind (for buying a quality projector)?

Thanks...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I doubt you will find what you want at either of the two you mentioned. Been in Corripio many times and never seen a projector. But Omega Tech has a large online site you could check. I have dealt with them and they will send an item by Metro Pac anywhere in the DR. So call them, but I doubt they have it.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I doubt you will find what you want at either of the two you mentioned. Been in Corripio many times and never seen a projector. But Omega Tech has a large online site you could check. I have dealt with them and they will send an item by Metro Pac anywhere in the DR. So call them, but I doubt they have it.

You should be able to find one in Omegatech yes, and another option could be Cecomsa.