KFC delivery with CC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just a little surprise tonight, ordering a KFC meal (my only food pleasure to replace the dutch greasy snacks), they told me I didn't need to give any CC numbers of the phone, they delivery guy will come with a verifone at my door. Good step after many supermarkets changing to having the verifone on the customers side instead of the cashiers side, now the delivery also gets safer. Hopefully others follow: pharmacies, pizza hut...

Who knows PICHARDO was right after all and we are going to a cashless society in DR.........:squarely :cheeky:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We do virtually everything with our local credit card. Just to not use cash, no financing (well, only until payment date). Have had some issues, the biggest hassle is you need to go to the bank yourself to file a claim, but I have had my money back in all (3) instances.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Let's hope you won't need to pay your doctor wirelessly for an angioplasty after 10 more years of KFC and Pizza Hut.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
KFC has delivery??. If there is a god they will open a store in the Bavaro area.
There are days I could really go for a fix of the dirty bird

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We do virtually everything with our local credit card. Just to not use cash, no financing (well, only until payment date). Have had some issues, the biggest hassle is you need to go to the bank yourself to file a claim, but I have had my money back in all (3) instances.

Lost about $1,000 US with BanReservas. We were not even in country when the charges were made on their card and they refused to refund the money.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Lost about $1,000 US with BanReservas. We were not even in country when the charges were made on their card and they refused to refund the money.

Did you file a claim with Proconsumidor? They have a department for banking related complaints.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
But in other places it is a lot easier to get a refund.

It has been a Year and Six month, and still waiting for my case to be solved on Bank of America....
I've wasted more on phone calls and gas, than the 30$ they stole from me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did you file a claim with Proconsumidor? They have a department for banking related complaints.

I did not. Where does it have to be done? It might help someone else but I doubt we could go there now.

My US credit card had been cloned twice when I used it here. Time consuming and somewhat difficult but the money was refunded and new cards issued. I stopped using US credit cards. Yes it worked out, but not easy.

It was the second time the BanRervas card was cloned. We were not even in country when it was cloned the second time, the first time we got a refund, but not the second time when we are actually out of the DR.

We then stopped using credit cards altogether. So much for cash free in the DR for us.