Optometrist in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Need to replace my eye glasses and require the services of an excellent optometrist preferably in the area of Calle Del Sol, Santiago
Been to a couple in the past, but their eye examination equipment was out of the stone age.
If anyone can recommend a Dr. with up to date equipment for an examination, this would be appreciated.
Also, would like to purchase progressive/photochromic lenses w/titanium frames.
Thanks in advance.......

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are two choices in Santiago, IMO.
#1 is Drs Guzman..father and son..at Clinica Corominas. Father is Cornell University trained.
#2 is Drs Asilis...father and son...at Clinica Bonilla on Independencia at the corner of Espa?a.

There is also ?ptica Cibao, but they are not doctors...

Cordially,

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I went once to Optica Cibao and they could not get my prescription right. I have something that requires a real DR. to get right. Go to the ones HB says and you should be good.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I have seen Dr Guzman and he is excellent. A bit of an attitude but excellent.

I have also used Optical Ciabao in Los Jardines. Excellent too incl the optometrist. Better than the other branch near Calle del Sol.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you go to Dr Guzman, you will see he has extensive amount of equipment for the diagnosis and repair of eye problems.

"Eye" did. I did not notice any attitude. I found him to have a good sense of humor.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Dr Guzman it is, I will go to his office tomorrow and make an appointment.....
If anyone would happen to have his office number, that would be great since I would have to come in from the Campo just to make an appointment.
Unless, he can see me right away......
Thanks everyone.....

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Regarding Dr's Guzman..................
When I called their office 3 weeks ago, the father was booked and the son is out until January.
Finally got to see the father, Dr. Pedro Guzman today.

1. Very efficient staff
2. Equipment used for examination was the most modern and up to date that I ever experienced.
3. Dr. Guzman, what can I say, we got along great, very very professional.....the best.
4. Office visit, 1500 rd, and worth every peso.

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone that needs an eye examination without hesitation.
And, Dr Guzman speaks fluent English........

Now in regards to the frames and lenses, Dr Guzman recommended "Optica Cibao"
He stated as far as he was concerned, they were number 1.

To the posters that made this recommendation, a BIG Thank You....................

Status
Not open for further replies.