Looking for a place to stay

JVasquez

Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of going to DR very last minute, leaving this Saturday. I'll land in Punta Cana and stay there for 3 days to enjoy the beach before going to Santo Domingo by bus.

I'm travelling solo and on a budget, I'd like to find somewhere cheap to stay. If possible an all-inclusive but those seem to run about a 100 eur / day which is more than I want to spend.

So, cheap place close to the beach and reachable from Punta Cana airport.
Any suggestions on what / where to book?

Thank you!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Green Coast aparthotel, El Corticito. RD2000 per night. Quiet, very safe, beach and restaurants in front and onto beach. You'll struggle to get economy A/I round there at the moment.

just turn up.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Green Coast aparthotel, El Corticito. RD2000 per night. Quiet, very safe, beach and restaurants in front and onto beach. You'll struggle to get economy A/I round there at the moment.

just turn up.

yeah, just 50' bucks per night, but not AI, right?
the safed 50 bucks for booking non AI will be eaten up long before it's dinner time.
look in that area for last minute offers of the Vista Sol Resort, the IFA Village and the VIK Resort.
they are AI and should come up at the end cheaper per day than the simplest motel and eating crappy stuff on the streets, and they all have a nice beach right on property.
you will find nothing near the PC airport, the opposite, nearest to the airport are the more expensive properties,
so you need to calculate a 40-50 bucks Cabby fare to the budget, to reach the affordable hotel area from the airport.

good luck

Mike

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
there's also the Bavaro Dominican Beach AI ... a little less expensive than some of the newer places. A little older, but not bad. it's right in the center of el Corticito, and on the beach. and Mike is right... you'll need $40 +/- for the cab fare from the airport. I'm not sure if there is a way to get there by bus yet.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
depending how early you arrive, you can get by bus, but it is not a direct route.
you carry your luggage out of the airport to the mainroad at the main entrance. there is a lil bus stop.
the bus is passing by there around every 20-30 minutes.
take that bus to Veron, but don't leave it at the near Veron Bus Station, you leave it at the Veron Main Crossing up by the police station. there you place yourself and luggage on the walkway rigt in front of the police station and wait for the next bus coming from Higuey to Bavaro. wave it down and tell him the name of your hotel in El Cortecito, so they will drop you off at the entrance of your hotel.
those busses coming from Higuey towards Bavaro run til late, but the last bus leaving from the airport to Veron departs at 5PM or 6PM, not sure anyore, it's been too long that i paid attention to their shedules.
someone else may know the exact time for the last bus leaving from the airport to Veron and fill it in here.
honestly,
for a single traveller with luggage, i would not do it, it can become a hassle.
do not go that route as a first timer if you do not speak spanish.
if you speak spanish, then you will find your way around and can ride that way.

Mike

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
A shared transfer from the airport to your hotel can be booked on Expedia for less than 10 USD each way. I think they require 48 hour notice. I used the service last week to get to el Cortecito. Only one other couple on the transfer, and I was the first stop.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk