Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm done.

After 7 years I'm done with this place. There is no need for me to rant on about what's wrong with this place because we all seen those threads before. I'm leaving for the same reasons others left.

With that in mind I need to hear from the people that lived in other Latin Countries. I'm trying to decide between Colombia(central), Honduras, or Panama. Of those 3 countries which have a better business climate, friendliest people, and best infrastructure?

I loved this place a few years ago, but when my house was robbed recently I finally had enough. The worse part about getting robbed is I have a rottweiler. So I asked my lady(we were together for 4 years) how did they get past the dog? The dummy had the dog locked away. Which makes me think that A-She had something to do with the robbery or B-She really is that stupid.

Everyday is something new here and am ready to move on. Any advice about the other countries will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Likes Jumbo, TP666, curlando, frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smitty777 View Post
    After 7 years I'm done with this place. There is no need for me to rant on about what's wrong with this place because we all seen those threads before. I'm leaving for the same reasons others left.

With that in mind I need to hear from the people that lived in other Latin Countries. I'm trying to decide between Colombia(central), Honduras, or Panama. Of those 3 countries which have a better business climate, friendliest people, and best infrastructure?

I loved this place a few years ago, but when my house was robbed recently I finally had enough. The worse part about getting robbed is I have a rottweiler. So I asked my lady(we were together for 4 years) how did they get past the dog? The dummy had the dog locked away. Which makes me think that A-She had something to do with the robbery or B-She really is that stupid.

Everyday is something new here and am ready to move on. Any advice about the other countries will be appreciated. Thanks.
    your lady is no dummy. the dog did not lock himself away. she did it, so her chulo could rob you. it´s that simple.

4. Likes smitty777, jd426, greydread, curlando, jbars liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have friends that live near David, Panama and they claim the area ( northern Panama) is safe, gringo friendly, good climate, medical....etc. They've been there since 2012 and apparently have no issues. Honduras is a very dangerous country, for everyone. What kind of business climate are you seeking.

6. Dislikes playacaribe2 disliked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smitty777 View Post

And you live where in the DR?

Trust me, parts of Colombia are no better. I know, I have been living and visiting the past 7 years.

8. Likes Lucille liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will agree with Bob. Panamá is probably a better choice. There is a major ex-pat community in northern Panamá, their currency
    is stable and their government is committed to creating a business/service oriented economy.

Colombia has perhaps a nicer climate than most of Panamá in the Cali/Medellín area and really beautiful people--especially the women--according to reliable sources.

Look close in order to find out who robbed your house...

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    your lady is no dummy. the dog did not lock himself away. she did it, so her chulo could rob you. it´s that simple.
    Her excuse was people are poisoning rottweilers. Even though it does happen I'm not buying it. But I' also mad at the neighbors. Granted it was 2am, but how can they not notice someone kicking down a door? Or a strange vehicle parked outside? Calmado is across the street. There is also an engineering business across the street with security cameras. Conveniently the vehicle parked in a blind spot.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I have friends that live near David, Panama and they claim the area ( northern Panama) is safe, gringo friendly, good climate, medical....etc. They've been there since 2012 and apparently have no issues. Honduras is a very dangerous country, for everyone. What kind of business climate are you seeking.
    Most likely IT and I'm about to get my export license soon. Taxes and custom duties are very high in the dr. Panama is cheaper to do business?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I think I will agree with Bob. Panamá is probably a better choice. There is a major ex-pat community in northern Panamá, their currency
    is stable and their government is committed to creating a business/service oriented economy.

Colombia has perhaps a nicer climate than most of Panamá in the Cali/Medellín area and really beautiful people--especially the women--according to reliable sources.

Look close in order to find out who robbed your house...

HB
    I should of stayed in Santiago.. You gave me advice, but I was hard headed. Lesson learned...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    And you live where in the DR?

Trust me, parts of Colombia are no better. I know, I have been living and visiting the past 7 years.
    I lived in Santo Domingo

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a place to start reading, plus there are a number of expat blogs from Panama.
    http://export.gov/Panama/doingbusine...ards/index.asp

15. Likes smitty777 liked this post
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast