Did you feel it?? cIBAO WAS ROCKIN

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Yeap, it was crazy. Everyone at my house woke up. I was working and felt my chair move back in fourth.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was so anxious to report that I left out what I felt.

At first I thought that the dogs were trying to get my attention by jumping on the big glass doors that lead to the patio.
Then I thought the one fairly big dog that was in the house had bumped my chair.

I looked around both times but it just did not ring a bell....
I must be getting immune to these things.

THEN a special friend called me from the clinic and asked me if I had felt it.
Then my geriatric brain put things together...and I posted..

I just checked the USGS site that there are only a few tremors over in Puerto Rico.
This one occurred here at around 11:43 or 44 our time..

Have a good day..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't understand when that happens - that an area feels the earth move, and the government says there was no quake. Same thing happened in southern New Jersey - in two adjoining counties - about a week ago, Facebook lit up with everyone saying shelves were shaking, chairs were moving, dishes were rattling, etc. Officials say 'no quake', maybe a sonic boom.

Hmmmm... any sonic booms in DR???

May 5, 2007
I don't understand when that happens - that an area feels the earth move, and the government says there was no quake. Same thing happened in southern New Jersey - in two adjoining counties - about a week ago, Facebook lit up with everyone saying shelves were shaking, chairs were moving, dishes were rattling, etc. Officials say 'no quake', maybe a sonic boom.

Hmmmm... any sonic booms in DR???

Would be very odd for a "sonic boom" to cause ground movement

dom

Jun 1, 2011
very wierd, i felt it too, in puerto plata, last night close to 12pm, there is no report anywhere to be found, i even made a short video of the water still shaking in the water gallon, glad someone else felt it, but you felt it in santiago, i felt it in pop and there is no report at all ?? WWTTFF

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There was another small tremor near Ocoa. 4.1, this afternoon, about 10 minutes ago.

Maybe the one of yesterday was very small, but felt because of being not deep?