Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casher check

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Casher check

anyone brought one of these down and deposited lately, I would be using BHD.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

No, However the bank will hold the funds from paper drawn on a foreign bank
    for 30 days while waiting for the check/cheque to negotiate the clearinghouse.
    All paper is the same. Toilet paper is more useful in the short term.

In Canada they will hold the funds for 14 days.

I would guess that BHD is better equipped than another bank, however
    I would guess that they will withhold funds for 30 days anyway.

B8

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

When I deposit regular personal checks at BHD, they clear in about 10 days. I somehow doubt they'd understand the significance of a cashier's check, so it would probably take just as long before they released the funds to you.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Not worried about the release date, they can hold for a month no problem, main question other than that is there a hassel. Just dont want to carry the cash, and don't want to pay wire fees as I can bring it with me this way. will be under 10k also.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Not worried about the release date, they can hold for a month no problem, main question other than that is there a hassel. Just dont want to carry the cash, and don't want to pay wire fees as I can bring it with me this way. will be under 10k also.
    As long as the check is made out EXACTLY the same as the name on your account, you won't have trouble.

For example, middle name or initial must match account if you use/have one.

We don't carry cash into DR any more, we just deposit checks from our US personal checking account into BHD monthly. We've never had the slightest problem.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If the amount of the monetary instrument is over $9,999.99 you are supposed to declare it both when you leave home and upon entry into the DR. One possible outcome of not doing so, is that it is seized either by at home or upon arrival here.

<let the games begin>

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    If the amount of the monetary instrument is over $9,999.99 you are supposed to declare it both when you leave home and upon entry into the DR. One possible outcome of not doing so, is that it is seized either by at home or upon arrival here.

<let the games begin>
    He said it will be under $10,000.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We don't carry cash into DR any more, we just deposit checks from our US personal checking account into BHD monthly. We've never had the slightest problem.

<let the games begin>
    Blank checks namely, unsigned checks that has payee omitted are NOT "negotiable monetary instruments" for currency reporting requirements.

9. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    As long as the check is made out EXACTLY the same as the name on your account, you won't have trouble.

For example, middle name or initial must match account if you use/have one.

i go to the currency trader and give him my checkkkkkk////i always wondered what would happen if i bounced a check there...???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

<let the games begin>
    if i made a check out to myself for 15k and brought it with me on the plane...am i in trouble////?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast