Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Where to find Roundup.

    Can anyone tell me where to find ROUNDUP in Sosua or if not there in Cabarete area. Thanks

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The last time I was there it was sold at the vivero in LaUnion near the airport.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    White vinegar works just as well and it's much cheaper.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,086
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Can anyone tell me where to find ROUNDUP in Sosua or if not there in Cabarete area. Thanks
    Cheaper to hire a Haitian to pull the weeds.

  5. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,823
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    all sorts of good weed killers available..... 'productos'...

    The local agrovet has them ... any jardinero will point you straight

  7. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Cheaper to hire a Haitian to pull the weeds.
    Roundup is a nonselective weed killer, so, haitian cant do the work. its use is mostly for replace an old grass for a new one or pre-emergent. its ingredient glyphosate will kill everything.
    If you need just to control some specific weeds, then you need a selective weed control herbicide that contain 2-4D as Weedmaster or similar. if Coquillo is your problema, them, you need Sempras 75 or Junco.

  8. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Last time I purchased roundup/glyphosate in Ochoa. Then also saw it at Veterinaria Dr. De la Cruz in Sosua - carretera Sosua-Cabarete. White bottles 1 Quart 41% concentrate - around 800 Pesos.

  9. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Purchased this product in Santiago but it should be sold everywhere in the DR.
    Have used Roundup 1 gal. Super Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer (over $100. U.S. in the States) and this product is far superior.

    Dark green 1 Liter plastic container/white label with a red top, 400 pesos more or less........
    This is a concentrate, goes a long way, kills ALL vegetation and quickly.....

    HERBAMAX 20SL
    HERBICIDA BIPIRIDILO
    PARAQUAT

  10. Likes beachcomber liked this post
  11. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    Last time I purchased roundup/glyphosate in Ochoa. Then also saw it at Veterinaria Dr. De la Cruz in Sosua - carretera Sosua-Cabarete. White bottles 1 Quart 41% concentrate - around 800 Pesos.
    I use CLISATE 35.6SI, Herbcida-Fosfonico Glifosato(glyphosate) from the agricultural/feed store.
    Costs I believe around $200 pesos, comes in a liter bottle sealed in plastic, white plastic bottle with a red top.

    Contains: N-Fosfonometil-glicina 35.60 %P/V

    CAUTION: No tiene antidoto (Does not have an antidote).

  12. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Purchased this product in Santiago but it should be sold everywhere in the DR.
    Have used Roundup 1 gal. Super Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer (over $100. U.S. in the States) and this product is far superior.

    Dark green 1 Liter plastic container/white label with a red top, 400 pesos more or less........
    This is a concentrate, goes a long way, kills ALL vegetation and quickly.....

    HERBAMAX 20SL
    HERBICIDA BIPIRIDILO
    PARAQUAT

    BE CAREFUL PARAQUAT WILL ALSO KILL HUMANS VERY QUICKLY!! When you could get it in the US it was Labeled with DANGER and SKULL and CROSS BONES. I bought Granular Roundup with Diquat and shipped it down. Came in little packets and each packet makes 1.5 gallon. But like most say you can get Glyphospate at most Agro Vets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •