nude sunbathing [again] riu merengue

Elvis

Jan 25, 2002
I've read the many archive posts on nudity in DR, and am wondering if it's as conservative as stated.My wife and I like to sunbathe au naturel. We are not exhibitionists in any way. We go far down the beach from the hotel and stay to the back of the beach awat from foot traffic. Are we likely to have a problem following this procedure?
We are staying at the Riu Merengue, which we picked because it shares it's beach with only one other resort,so we figure more room to get away from the crowds, and from what we understand, no locals who might be offended.Will we have a problem here?
What about if we visit other beaches ,like Sosua or Cabarete?Again using discretion to be as unseen as possible?
thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer.
Elvis

DHiltz

Jan 10, 2002
Could be difficult

I stayed at the Riu Mambo last year and I am not sure where you could go to be "out of the way"

The main beach in front of the resorts is only about 1km long and pretty much has people from one end to the other. We went a little ways down past the Mambo, but I don't recall there being very much walkable beach there... to the other direction past the merengue are the cliffs and then the small sports beach, but you can't really walk any further down the beach from there.

I dunno...you would probably have better luck in Punta Cana where there are vast areas of undeveloped beach

Good luck

Dave