Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MacBook air mother board

The mother board (logic board) on my Mac Book air got fried - long story. No longer under warranty.
    I cannot find an iStore in either DR or PR.
    So either I fly to Florida and go to iStore there - with my computer and get it fixed real fast. OR I buy the board on eBay and have it shipped to EPS in Miami and get an invoice that says 199$ or pay 18% ITBIS if full price.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does istore operate under the name of "izone" in DR? If so, there is one in Bavaro at the Palma Real Shopping Plaza.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

3. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an I fix Apple approved store in Santiago in Bella Terra Mall. They changed my motherboard 6 month before on Apple warranty. I do not paid a centavo
    Quote Originally Posted by Neargale View Post
    The mother board (logic board) on my Mac Book air got fried - long story. No longer under warranty.
    So either I fly to Florida and go to iStore there - with my computer and get it fixed real fast. OR I buy the board on eBay and have it shipped to EPS in Miami and get an invoice that says 199$ or pay 18% ITBIS if full price.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neargale View Post

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    No official Apple store in the DR, but lots of authorized service centers and resellers.

Where are you located?

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

When it happened to my MacBook Pro, I ordered a used motherboard from Ebay for $250 or something like that (I don't remember the exact price), photoshopped the invoice for $190, and fixed it myself in 30 minutes with instructions that I found on the Internet.

The authorized center in Santo Domingo asked $800 only for the motherboard.

7. Likes beeza, Neargale liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Great service at the Mac store in Novacentro in Santo Domingo. Authorized service, fixed/replaced parts for free under warranty.

Administrator
    DR1.com

9. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Not under warranty will mean a 50,000 pesos bill. Not worth it. (At the iZone store).

Customs won't accept 199 as value for your motherboard. It will be more like 600 or 700.

I had the exact same issue (also out of warranty) and waited for my first trip to Miami, went to a Genius Bar and had it fixed for USD200.

I suspect that the power instability in DR causes the frying of the logical board. I've heard several stories of people here with the same issues happening to their MacBook.

11. Likes Neargale liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post

Customs won't accept 199 as value for your motherboard. It will be more like 600 or 700.
    They accepted $190 for Macbook Pro used motherboard. And even a new one can be sent as 'used' without original packing.

13. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRdreaming View Post
    Does istore operate under the name of "izone" in DR? If so, there is one in Bavaro at the Palma Real Shopping Plaza.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk
    No iZone or iFix stors are just authorized retailers - at least that is my understanding.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kampinge View Post
    There is an I fix Apple approved store in Santiago in Bella Terra Mall. They changed my motherboard 6 month before on Apple warranty. I do not paid a centavo

I saw them in Santiago last week. Because my computer is no longer under warranty they quoted $2000US to get the part and install it. At that price we all agreed I could buy new!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast