MacBook air mother board

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
The mother board (logic board) on my Mac Book air got fried - long story. No longer under warranty.
I cannot find an iStore in either DR or PR.
So either I fly to Florida and go to iStore there - with my computer and get it fixed real fast. OR I buy the board on eBay and have it shipped to EPS in Miami and get an invoice that says 199$ or pay 18% ITBIS if full price.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Does istore operate under the name of "izone" in DR? If so, there is one in Bavaro at the Palma Real Shopping Plaza.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
There is an I fix Apple approved store in Santiago in Bella Terra Mall. They changed my motherboard 6 month before on Apple warranty. I do not paid a centavo
The mother board (logic board) on my Mac Book air got fried - long story. No longer under warranty.
So either I fly to Florida and go to iStore there - with my computer and get it fixed real fast. OR I buy the board on eBay and have it shipped to EPS in Miami and get an invoice that says 199$ or pay 18% ITBIS if full price.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

No official Apple store in the DR, but lots of authorized service centers and resellers.

Where are you located?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
When it happened to my MacBook Pro, I ordered a used motherboard from Ebay for $250 or something like that (I don't remember the exact price), photoshopped the invoice for $190, and fixed it myself in 30 minutes with instructions that I found on the Internet.

The authorized center in Santo Domingo asked $800 only for the motherboard.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Great service at the Mac store in Novacentro in Santo Domingo. Authorized service, fixed/replaced parts for free under warranty.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Not under warranty will mean a 50,000 pesos bill. Not worth it. (At the iZone store).

Customs won't accept 199 as value for your motherboard. It will be more like 600 or 700.

I had the exact same issue (also out of warranty) and waited for my first trip to Miami, went to a Genius Bar and had it fixed for USD200.

I suspect that the power instability in DR causes the frying of the logical board. I've heard several stories of people here with the same issues happening to their MacBook.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Does istore operate under the name of "izone" in DR? If so, there is one in Bavaro at the Palma Real Shopping Plaza.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

No iZone or iFix stors are just authorized retailers - at least that is my understanding.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
There is an I fix Apple approved store in Santiago in Bella Terra Mall. They changed my motherboard 6 month before on Apple warranty. I do not paid a centavo

I saw them in Santiago last week. Because my computer is no longer under warranty they quoted $2000US to get the part and install it. At that price we all agreed I could buy new!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We have had horrific service here, not just once but at least 5 or 6 times. I would never suggest anyone to let them service their Macs there.

Wow, I'm shocked and sorry to hear that. My in-laws recommended them, and they really bent over backwards for us when they heard we lived an hour away. Fixed it while we waited last time. I liked that they all spoke English well, no searching for technical words in Spanish.

Maybe we were just lucky.