Italian Embassy

rubia1981

Jul 11, 2011
I was wondering if someone on here would be able to advise me. I have a couple of Dominican documents which need to be legalised and then translated into Italian with certification by the Italian embassy. I understand that the Italian embassy in SD has now closed down. Does anyone know where Italian nationals now report to for consular issues?

The documents I need are required for submission into the Italian embassy in the UK, but they have stipulated that the Dominican documents be legalised and then translated and certified by the Italian embassy in the DR (despite the fact it no longer exists). From this I gather that the documents would be best translated into Italian by the embassy itself (or acting embassy) rather than a certified translator.

Thank you in advance.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Not that this info will be of any immediate help but the Italian Embassy will be reopening in the near future. Their Honorary Consuls are still working in the country so perhaps one of them could redirect you to the nearest service office. Here's the contact info for Claudio Corti in Punta Cana http://guidepuntacana.com/es/content/italia

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Sad but the 5th of November was Dia del Inmigrante Italiano....hopefully the Embasy will reopen sooner rather than later