Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Different Couriers/Forwarding Companies

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh2203 View Post
    I have used BMCargo for years for receiving packages and letters. I just checked their website, and on the registration form there is clearly an option "localidad", where you have to choose to which of their locations you want things delivered to. So indeed you should have had this selected. (https://bmcargo-online.iplus.com.do/...a.aspx?pid=214)

For your other question I cannot really give a good answer, as while they have a good tracking system, it has always been me who has kept track where is the package, and went to the office immediately when it has arrived based on the website. So by tracking the package you for sure get to know when it has arrvived, but I'm sure there is some kind of notification system in place as well. At least with me they have always been really helpful, so you might want to confirm with them.
    Okay,I see where I went wrong now,thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

BM Cargo used to take my mail destined for the US and send it. But now they won't. I have some letters I need to send and do not want to pay for Fedex (Us$50) to get them there. I sent one letter from the Puerto Plata post office but I have no way to know if it went by boat or actually arrived. Can I request some sort of priority (trackable) mail from PP Post Office? Anyone know how the DR mail system works? Does air mail exist anymore and do I need to ask for it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would-be ask for "certificado". That's registered, so the received has to sign for it. DR post takescertificado very serieus.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    I would-be ask for "certificado". That's registered, so the received has to sign for it. DR post takescertificado very serieus.
    Excellent! Just the information I needed! Thank you!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Worried about 500 pesos !!. I actually love the system here ,,you pay for all extra services .. I like my car to be filled for me and tip for that , I love my groceries to be carried to my car for me and pay for that and if anyone does anything extra for me ,I like to reward them so quite often they say de nada and do not take any tip .On this occasion you paid about $10 for the parcel to be ready to be picked up whenever you wished ..sounds a bit steep but not a real problem

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

AEROPOST in Cabrera.

Miami address for mail and packages.

Mail is FREE.

Packages are $5.50 per lb then a sliding downward scale as weight goes up.

Website is excellent with notifications and tracking and payments.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on Aeropost.

Terrible service. Only service I could get was through web chat.

Packages arrived Miami on January 1st and still have not arrived in Cabrera.

Maybe it's holiday lag but still sucks.

Okay, harangue over.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Have had good  service from Aeropost... usually within 10days..faster at times.

Use the package prealert for quicker clearing 

Nothing too heavy....$$$$

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Prompt. I am temporarily in the Dominican Republic (North coast). I only have an overseas passport. No sedula and other internal documents, only a passport with a tourist visa. Can I use these delivery services? When I register need to specify the number sedula or passport, RNC, local address of residence? Did you have a similar experience?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine....go to an office and feel it out

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast