Executive of Claro killed in Mirador park.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
?a dark skinned guy came up and stabbed him to death?

Sounds like someone is blaming a Haitian.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i wonder who is "la dama" involved?

maybe the jealous husband sent a tigre to teach the mexican a lesson?
I am surprised as I walk in parque mirador almost every evening and it's always guarded by police and military.
AZB

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
When you say "evening," I hope you mean earlier than 9 p.m. to 10 p.m., the estimated time of the crime as reported by Diario Libre. You won't catch me sitting on a bench in that park at 9 p.m. Call me paranoid but the presence of the National Police does not reassure me.

maybe the jealous husband sent a tigre to teach the mexican a lesson?
I am surprised as I walk in parque mirador almost every evening and it's always guarded by police and military.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
When you say "evening," I hope you mean earlier than 9 p.m. to 10 p.m., the estimated time of the crime as reported by Diario Libre. You won't catch me sitting on a bench in that park at 9 p.m. Call me paranoid but the presence of the National Police does not reassure me.

i didn't see the time of the crime but now that I know it occurred between 9-10pm, I think it was crazy for them to be sitting there all alone. The police presence is there till 8pm and a bit afterwards. The police/military say they are there till 11pm but I seriously doubt it. After 8pm the darkness falls hard and police/military begin to leave or stay in small groups in far away points. I would not walk the park after 8pm but i have done it in the past when days are longer. So if the couple was there till after 9pm then they were asking for trouble.
AZB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The guy was a Mexican from Monterrey. With the insane crime wave affecting that city ever since the drug cartels decided to take over, by comparison Santo Domingo probably seemed as quite a safe place for him.

This other Mexican guy at the end (after 10:35) says the same thing. Despite hearing about crime in DR, compared to how he used to live in Mexico he doesn't loses his sleep knowing that his wife is out doing errands alone with the kids.

[video=youtube;F8-Plh2Hi5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8-Plh2Hi5Y[/video]

It's about perspective.