Iberostar Dominicana

SwanSong

Jan 19, 2002
7 of us are heading to this resort in 2 weeks...
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What are the rooms, service and food like? Also, what can we expect in terms of entertainment? And most important,.... is there a swimup pool bar.
S ;-)

SteamySteve

Jan 28, 2002
IB

Just returned on 1/20/02 from IB PC.......Nothing but good things to say about the resort. Feel free to email me with any specific ???'s you have.

carole

Jan 30, 2002
my husband and two kids (18 and 19) were there two years ago, the room was very clean, the food was abundant and for everyone's liking. The entertainment was ok some nights better than others. All in all i would not hesitate to go back there. Hope you enjoy yourself. There is no swim up bar unfortunately.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
This is one of my favorites resorts (I'd been there more than 10 times). always stay at Iberostar Bavaro, which the 5 star of the 3 resorts. rooms are all suites, well decorated and very large. Dominicana and Punta Cana are 5 story buildings. I think they have standard rooms.
As other say, there is not more than good things to say about iberostar.
Food is from good to excellent. there is more than 10 restaurants to choice.
Night life is also great. you have the disco D-6, which is great for youngs. the are bars all over the resort. but i dont remember to see a swim bar. I am not too much into swimming pool. the beach is just to amazing to go to the pool.
there is also a good dance club in RIU, next to iberostar, PACHA, this club is even better.
have fun

SwanSong

Jan 19, 2002
Cool!

Thanx for the posts. I am a little saddened by the lack of swim up pool bar - but i guess i'll live. LOL
I have questions - but you dont' have an email addy steve. LOL

Is there a debit machine at the hotel?
Is there any issue in getting reservations for the a la carte dinner?
Did you try any of the excursions?
Where there big line ups for drinks and stuff?