Puerto Plata Candidate's Posts Go Viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Por hezo he ke Llo no tengo Kuenta de feib? in tuitel, ni tanpoko hintagr?n. Depu? me tan kriticando, I dike ke Llo no c? hekriv?, I ke tengo Farta holtogr?fica y det?.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Laughable and unprofessional (even if it was written by an assistant or whatever). Yet so typical for DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Por hezo he ke Llo no tengo Kuenta de feib? in tuitel, ni tanpoko hintagr?n. Depu? me tan kriticando, I dike ke Llo no c? hekriv?, I ke tengo Farta holtogr?fica y det?.

And yet, your punctuation is flawless.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
licesidos, you're obviously qualified to run for arcarde. Acasa yena con Luci!!

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
No native-speaker mistakes (even among the very poorly educated)

Due to her awesome spelling, Mayra Pascual, a diputada candidate for the PLD, has gone viral.

http://www.dominicanopalmundo.com/2015/12/las-faltas-ortograficas-de-la-candidata.html
Sorry but that doesn't even resemble the kind of errors a NATIVE speaker would make...even a virtual illiterate one...for example confusing the K sound, with the G-sound...greser for crecer....confusing s/c is a totally understandable and easy to make mistake, because except in parts of Spain ce un se are pronounced alike....but even very poorly educated NATIVE speakers can tell the difference between cre (pronounced similar to KRAY) and gre (pronounced similar to GRAY)....That and others (her total inability to know word boundaries, and her missing the letter E in some diptongues even in extremely common words like quiEro and her own son name EzequiEl) strongly suggest that this woman is no NATIVE speaker, and probably is running on the wrong side of the border.

Yes, Haitians do try to STEAL political power from Dominicans.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Maybe she has a lispth, and writes how she thinks she sounds?

She has far too many problems for them to be caused by a lisp (assuming you were serious).
You can take to the bank she is no native Spanish speaker, and in all probability is a Haitian-creole native speaker.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Check out some of the dating sites and try to communicate in Spanish with some of these chicas. Just try. I have laughed at a few and been told that I should learn the "New way" of writing. Kiro instead of quiero etc.. many many of these women some even claim to be teachers. Check it out "Meh ermana," thought it was Yiddish!
Like I said, the KIND of errors she is making are not the same that a typical (poorly educated) native speaker would make...plus she is supposedly a political candidate communicating through her FB page...that is, presumably she is actually TRYING to write correctly...it is NOT like a chat room (possibly one on one) informal situation.

You will not find any native speaker that consistently confuses CR with GR (which is like some orientals confusing L & R since they don't have one or the other in their language), or that consistently misses an E in a diphthong in common words...an occasional typo, or a short form for a common word? maybe, but not consistently...and she is utterly clueless about word boundaries.

Native speakers can easily miss an h (a silent letter), or mix up letters that sound alike (B/V, C/S (before i, e), Z/S (before a, o, u), etc)...also as shorthand for texting/twittering they may write K instead of QU (ke=que , kiero=quiero, kien=quien, etc), and of course they will miss the accent mark, or use some unofficial contractions (pa = para, deo = dedo, etc). They may miss a word boundary now and again, but will generally know when a word ends and the next begins...The 'candidate' is doing a lot of other stuff...she is NOT a native speaker....almost certainly a Haitian trying to steal political power from the Dominican people...it's one of their last frontiers...unless you count Pena Gomez as Haitian, which he was.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Chat with Dominican chicas on Badoo. The same "language".

Read what I wrote. She was NOT in a chat room, but posting as a political candidate in her official FB page. Presumably she was actually TRYING to write correctly.

I wrote the typical errors that less educated Dominicans would make. Her errors were completely different, and imply non-native language skills.

Of course, if you yourself are a non-native speaker of Spanish or don't even speak much Spanish you will not be able to tell the difference. However, I CAN. Trust me. I can. She is NOT a native speaker of Spanish.

I don't know why is that so hard to absorbe. How many Haitians live in the DR anyway? At least hundreds of thousands (but many believe the number reaches into the millions). Many of them have gotten Dominican papers one way or another. Incidentally, some of the 'Dominicans' in the social nets may well be Haitians. I suppose you have no way to check their credentials (and verify if they got them legally).

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Like I said, the KIND of errors she is making are not the same that a typical (poorly educated) native speaker would make...plus she is supposedly a political candidate communicating through her FB page...that is, presumably she is actually TRYING to write correctly...it is NOT like a chat room (possibly one on one) informal situation.

You will not find any native speaker that consistently confuses CR with GR (which is like some orientals confusing L & R since they don't have one or the other in their language), or that consistently misses an E in a diphthong in common words...an occasional typo, or a short form for a common word? maybe, but not consistently...and she is utterly clueless about word boundaries.

Native speakers can easily miss an h (a silent letter), or mix up letters that sound alike (B/V, C/S (before i, e), Z/S (before a, o, u), etc)...also as shorthand for texting/twittering they may write K instead of QU (ke=que , kiero=quiero, kien=quien, etc), and of course they will miss the accent mark, or use some unofficial contractions (pa = para, deo = dedo, etc). They may miss a word boundary now and again, but will generally know when a word ends and the next begins...The 'candidate' is doing a lot of other stuff...she is NOT a native speaker....almost certainly a Haitian trying to steal political power from the Dominican people...it's one of their last frontiers...unless you count Pena Gomez as Haitian, which he was.

Yes, yes, yes......poor politica babe, its not her fault she cant spell........ no fui yo ! Malditos haitianos !
Duuuuh

Status
Not open for further replies.