Business Visa for work applied I want document back...

vbrookie

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Hello,

Does anyone knows if, I can get all the documents back or inject some money to have the process a bit faster or restarted? I had spent way too much time getting all the document from US. I had applied though my company's lawyer like 9 months ago and I haven't heard anything back. The answer I got was because of Haitians everything is stopped. This was the answer for past 6 months. Now I want to get the documents back because I had spent way too much time and money getting it ready. Is this possible? or Is it possible to have the process going again?

It's been very frustrating for me to live unknown, and the life as I know it is becoming like nightmare because my wife is asking daily about this. I should've gone to US and get it done there but with OK from everybody here, new project/client that I had started for my partner's company and a brand new car earlier this year, thinking everything will be ok, apparently everything is not.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Even if you got the documents back, after nine months, they'd probably be of little use to you.

Is this a DR company? Are they pushing you to get the business visa? Are you working NOW in the DR?

If you're already here, and working, don't worry about it. It's going to take years for immigration to settle down and figure itself out.

You're not getting deported. They only care about Haitians and Gringos running drugs or brothels.

I did some research on a Business visa for my wife, back when I cared about such things, and it looked pretty easy and simple compared to residency.

Start over, in the US. Find your nearest DR consulate and deal with them. You'll have to go back for about 2 weeks to get everything done.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agreed on these points: Talk to a lawyer about proceeding here or go back to the US and start over. The documents "expire" fairly quickly so they would be of little use to you if you got them back.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Expired documents! I am told that my birth certificate is not valid because the date on it is more than six months ago. Should be valid if it is sixty eight and a half years ago!

You'll have to get someone to re chisel it! Can't you just have Moses go down there and verify your date of birth?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I thought someone posted here that birth certificates no longer "expire" in DR. Did I imagine that?

hnoor77

Jan 11, 2016
If you're already here, and working, don't worry about it. It's going to take years for immigration to settle down and figure itself out.