More anger on the roads bavaro and area?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Maybe it's just my interpretation, but it seems the driving has become more hostile? This season I have seen 4 accidents already. But more than that the Dominican drivers seem to have less patience. To me it just feels different this holiday season. A more sense of frustration among the bavaro Dominican locals. It feels like they are ****ed off at something? I've also noticed more transients this season.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
just the Dominican way of doing things,,,keeps you on your toes!! They stop to dial a number on their cel . as you say..business as usual /Keep calm, relax and lean on your horn also..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It's gotten even more interesting this week with all the big shot yipeta owners coming up from Santo Domingo. Easy to spot, going at least at 140kph or stopping smack in the middle of the rotonda or intersection when they're not sure where the heck they're supposed to go. After I get home from work tomorrow, I ain't leaving til Tuesday!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I've been driving here for 6 years. This year just feels different. I'm only talking the PC area. Maybe I'm wrong.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I've been driving here for 6 years. This year just feels different. I'm only talking the PC area. Maybe I'm wrong.

I?m at 6 years as well, and have to agree with you.

We?ve had to drive the stretch POP-SDQ almost 10 times within the last few weeks, and IMO things have changed to far far worse.

Truck drivers in particular behave like &(%/)(). On a couple of occasions we have actually been chased by one, first they drive faster, then they slow down, and when passing them, they get p***ed off. First time ever I have been concerned of our safety...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The road leading to Cap Cana and within Cap Cana itself is a no-go area during holiday times too, with all the underage jevitos driving papi's big jeepeta or their 16th birthday present sports cars. Casa de Campo has a similar problem. The greater B?varo/PC area has definitely got busier in the 8 years since I've lived here, so the proportion of idiots has grown. Combined with the insane epidemic of texting while driving, the roads are much more dangerous now.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Exponentially aggravate

In the Bavaro and Punta Cana areas it is chaos as usual like most of the country. One has to drive or manage as safely and as best he/she can, needing eyes positioned to view 360? at same time. There is less moto traffic compared to Higuey or SDGO to risk. However, the poor driving habits of those who do travel the local roads in all other types of transport still pose a danger to themselves and the rest of us. PJT usually stays put at home or near home during the holidays being mindful the domestic "transients" from the cities infiltrate the tourist zone to get beach time, entertainment times, and whatever. Their numbers in the zone exponentially aggravate an already risky road safety environment. This growth in numbers suggests it is a result of the expansion, attractions, and prosperity of tourist zone to include the easier and quick access to the area from the cities because of autopista. While transit on the autopista is fluid the influx of vehicles have jammed the narrow roads leading from Veron to EL Cortecito and Veron to the Blvd del Este. The planners of area probably never expected the explosive growth and did not factor in wider streets. Yes, it has gotten crazier and now we have tumult.

Enjoy the holidays but don't leave home if you do not have to.

Regards,

PJT

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This is my 8th year. I definitely see more bad and angry drivers. Wait till the other 5 new hotels are done in Uvero Alto. With all the extra employees the roads in Bavaro, and around Otra Banda and Veron will just get worse

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
I get off the road the week before Christmas and stay of the roads til after New Years. Bavaro/Punta Cana is crazy!

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
You always appear blindsighted

just the Dominican way of doing things,,,keeps you on your toes!! They stop to dial a number on their cel . as you say..business as usual /Keep calm, relax and lean on your horn also..

And to Kipling all you can intelligently add is ... Just the Dominican way?
Just to say I am in Mexico City, a huge by the way wonderful place, with an enormous number of cars. We have driven all over this city and I attest to the fact of courteous drivers, sane drivers following the roads and driving
in a civilized manner. There are also police in areas guiding traffic. Same old damn story in DR. It is really an
awful place to have to deal with this bunch of ignorant machos and and as another poster here put ... Their papis
who are worse than dumb by teaching their spoiled brats to drive any which way.
So.. Viva Mexico

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They are building a new Excellence, Onyx, Nickalodian, Ocean Blue and one other one in Uvero Alto.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone complaining about traffic in Punta Cana, Bavaro needs to spend some time in the Capital.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
Ha ha Derfish - not a chance going on motoconcho! We stalk up on everything and wait it out. Merry Christmas!

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Holidays are great times to cash in points and go the States or just stay home. No point in driving around in all this bedlam. Keep yourself and your family safe until the new year

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Saw at least 3 idiots today texting while driving, swerving in and out of the lane, slowing down, speeding up.. I wanted to flip the bird, but I always remember I'm not in Kansas anymore... I would love to see the NO TEXTING while driving law enforced..It's always a Russian or a Spaniard from somewhere as the worst culprits..

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Having seen the driving over the past 4 or 5 days in the east of the DR , I now must entirely agree with Contango . I am dreading New Years eve and the sunday 3 january when many people will be leaving their hotels and holiday homes .. I am also planning to stay off the roads as much as I can . Unlike many countries ,it is not just the young people under 30 who are reckless but age simply does not seem to be a factor .

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i luv the pretties texting hair like silk ,, knee high on the door,,, mirror sunglasses,,, and phone in left hand ....ready for any and all...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
oh yeh,,,i got smacked by a doper couple/three years ago...a sunday morning no traffic at all and she whams me...on pills i thought and probly f b ing