Need some help with planning/timing-Caribe Tours again

RandR

Jan 24, 2002
Cofusion still reigning, and I have some questions. First trip to DR, landing at Las Americas airport in SD at 1:11pm and need to make the 3:30pm bus to Sanchez. Can anyone tell me what we need to do to get to the Caribe Tour office? Do we need to take a cab? If so, any clue how much the trip to Caribe costs and how long it will take to get to the bus station? I've read differing info but am pretty sure buses aren't allowed at the airport. Do we have a chance to make the bus timewise? Any information would surely be welcomed.

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Caribe Tours

Rand.
You wrote that your plane arrives at 1:11 and you should be at Caribe Tours Bus Station before 3:30. Well, if your plane is on time and there are not many people at inmigration and customs you'll make it. My experience tells me that if everything is on time you should be out of the airport by 2:00 p.m. and the ride to Santo Domingo should takes less than 30 minutes. It will be good if you make transportation arrangements in advance, e-mail me at r.silva@codetel.net.do

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You will be lucky if you make it. Caribe Tours leaves on time. If your plane is delayed, forget it. Luckily you will be traveling at an off peak hour. So you just might make it. If your plane is on time you could be out of the airport by 2:30 pm. Take an airport taxi to the Caribe Tours station, another 30 minutes away.

Consider overnighting in Santo Domingo if you miss the last Caribe Tours bus to Sanchez. Many options to stay in the Colonial City. Try the Mercure on El Conde and splurge with dinner at the Caribbean Blue restaurant just in front. They also have a lively evening bar. So it might not be such a bad idea if the bus leaves you....