Hlywud (re: Barcelo)

TSS

Jan 27, 2002
Hlywud

I tried to email you back re this message but I couldn't get it to go through, therefore I hope you see this.

Thank you very much for responding to my posting.

My wife and I have travelled to Mexico many times and quite enjoy it. Every year we say we will try somewhere else and we always end up at PV. This year we were bound and determined to try some where different and decided on the Barcelo, DR.

After reading the postings on Debbie's page I was a little depressed and went to bed. I just got up this morning and thought I would look again. As I went through them I discovered only about 4 out of 16 postings were not that great. Have you ever noticed that the people who are the most disappointed write the most, and they do not seem to miss any details.

I have seen people get sick in Mexico, they always blame the water, but they spell it (tequila) sometimes it's spelled(too much sun) etc.

Well,we are leaving on Feb. 11, 2002 and I will have a good time, life is a way too short not to.

Adios

Tom

PS Thanks again

TSS

I went to Capella 2 years in a row and never had a problem, resort is very good in my opinion, but just came back from Playa del Carmen and it was wonderful, Riu did a great job on the Tequila resort, or water resort if that is the spelling translation.
lol

I don't think you will regret Capella Beach, of course it was 1 year ago I was there and things were fine, but I had a friend who visited in early January and he said it was good but he doesnt use internet and therefore no posts. The a la carte restaurants he reported were very good but make reservations early in morning.

I have set my preference to not receive emails as I do get over 100+ every day and the spammers out there are awful, in fact I never read or open an email from an unknown party.

Enjoy

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Capella is the best resort in Jaun Dolio as far as beauty and service goes. Please DO be careful of the water and ice though. I have been to Capella too many times to count and never had a problem until this past November. I was unaware that during the week I was there Barcelo Capella was making the ice cubes on the premises with water supposedly filtered. In all my years of going there this had never been a normal practice by Capella. Ask before you have any drink with ice in it if they are buying the ice cubes from outside. If in fact they are you will see employees carrying clear bags of ice, if not they will be carrying garbage bags to fill the bins at the bars. Be careful! Bottled water is available and I suggest you drink it instead of the water poured at the table. The water at the table is not safe either. If you follow this advice you should have no problem. Many tourists do get sick from too much booze,sun and food but in the DR it is possible to get sick from the water or ice anywhere,not just at the Capella. I have lived in the Dominican Republic and have gotten sick from the water in my apartment before so I know the difference between sick from booze and sick from Giardia from the water. I do not want to see you or your campanion's vacation ruined by Giardia . Take Care and have fun!

Deb

Jan 1, 2002
regarding Barcelo

Dulce: My husband and I are returning to Barcelo for the 4th time on Feb 8-15. We love Barcelo and so will you. Have a great vacation. Deb

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Deb did you read the beginning of my posts? I HAVE BEEN to Barcelo Capella Beach Resort more times since 1997 than anyone and previous to this November never had a complaint. I loved Capella and it's employees. The new management team they put in place this year refuses to deal with customer complaints and so I will not return to Capella. I have been sick since my trip there in November and the management offered me a bottle of Barcelo rum and plate of fruit.WOW how big of them to offer me so much for my trouble.NOT! So you see, like most monopoly companies, Barcelo can afford to be arrogant about their frequent customers and offer nothing. Thanks anyway for the advice. Go and have a great time at Barcelo Capella but DO NOT DRINK THE WATER AND CHECK THE ICE.

Deb

Jan 1, 2002
regarding Barcelo

My mistake Dulce:
We go to Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana,.My hushand got sick the first time we went also. Since then we don't leave home without our cipro.