Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Holiday sickness

    Help! My wife is suffering from food poisoning and constipation.

    Any immediate remedy that I can do?

    Any advice is appreciated!

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Vomiting ? Fever ? Other than taking some Gravol (for the vomiting) and drinking water or juice, tylenol if fever, there is only one thing to do... Rest and wait until the germ or virus has gone through the body...

    If the fever or vomiting don't go after 2 days, better see a doctor, just in case. Good Luck.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are you at a resort? If you have travel insurance contact a doctor right away. Contact one anyway. I'm not a doctor but food poisoning and constipation don't normally go togther do they?

  4. Likes pauleast, wuarhat liked this post
  5. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would at the very least go to a pharmacist and get something for this. Maybe antibiotics. You don't need a prescription here for this, and most people working in a pharmacy know what to recommend.

  6. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With food poisoning it's usually the opposite of constipation. I have never heard of the 2 going together.

  7. Likes DRob, Meemselle, N/A, Kipling333, Bob K liked this post
  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retiree View Post
    With food poisoning it's usually the opposite of constipation. I have never heard of the 2 going together.
    i would agree with you. one end never usually gets blocked..

  9. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i would agree with you. one end never usually gets blocked..
    Strongly agree with you. Seeing a doctor in a clinic is pretty inexpensive, so I would just take her to go see them straight away.

  10. Likes bob saunders liked this post
  11. #8
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    go to a Doctor my man jeez...thread closed ..... medical advice on a open forum,,,, I have an irregular heart beat and my B.P is 150 over 100 and my enzymes are elevated ...any advice

  12. Likes Lobo Tropical, markryan liked this post
  13. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauleast View Post
    I have an irregular heart beat and my B.P is 150 over 100 and my enzymes are elevated ...any advice
    Take 2 aspirin and a lobotomy, you'll be just fine.........

  14. Likes dulce, pauleast, N/A liked this post
  15. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I would at the very least go to a pharmacist and get something for this. Maybe antibiotics. You don't need a prescription here for this, and most people working in a pharmacy know what to recommend.
    Anti-biotics is for an infection. Not stomach problems. Go to the pharmacy and get PRODOM. That will fix the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •