Holiday sickness

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Help! My wife is suffering from food poisoning and constipation.

Any immediate remedy that I can do?

Any advice is appreciated!

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Vomiting ? Fever ? Other than taking some Gravol (for the vomiting) and drinking water or juice, tylenol if fever, there is only one thing to do... Rest and wait until the germ or virus has gone through the body...

If the fever or vomiting don't go after 2 days, better see a doctor, just in case. Good Luck.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Are you at a resort? If you have travel insurance contact a doctor right away. Contact one anyway. I'm not a doctor but food poisoning and constipation don't normally go togther do they?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would at the very least go to a pharmacist and get something for this. Maybe antibiotics. You don't need a prescription here for this, and most people working in a pharmacy know what to recommend.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
With food poisoning it's usually the opposite of constipation. I have never heard of the 2 going together.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
go to a Doctor my man jeez...thread closed :) ..... medical advice on a open forum,,,, I have an irregular heart beat and my B.P is 150 over 100 and my enzymes are elevated ...any advice

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I would at the very least go to a pharmacist and get something for this. Maybe antibiotics. You don't need a prescription here for this, and most people working in a pharmacy know what to recommend.

Anti-biotics is for an infection. Not stomach problems. Go to the pharmacy and get PRODOM. That will fix the problem.