Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More Dominican Thinking

i was thumbing through the for sale forum of a hi fi website, and saw where a guy had a pair of headphones i have always wanted to buy, on sale for a decent price. i contacted him, and completed the transaction. my buddy in NJ shipped them to my EncargoPaq dropbox in Florida. enclosed in the box was a copy of the ad, a copy of the sequence of correspodence, from the initial inquiry until the last message, acknowledging that i had gotten them. a copy of the paypal transaction was also included in the box.

well, Encargopaq in Florida refuses to ship the package to the DR, saying i have not provided proof of value!!!!

remember where you are.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yes,,,this is very normal procedure . I use Vimenpaq through Miami and then the DR and Vimenpaq insist on seeing a copy of the invoice before shipping to me . No matter how many times I ask sellers to place a copy of the invoice in an envelope outside the package , many sellers do not do that si must scan a copy of the invoice and send it to Vimenpaq ,,they have an easy computer way to do this . I recommend Vimenpaq very strongly ...hundreds of imports with only one hassle .

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I place my orders, I make a PDF copy of the sales order and upload it to BMCargo. Only had a problem one time, the "Tracking Number" got changed when UPS handed the item over to USPS for delivery. BMCargo matches pre-alert PDF tracking numbers to incoming packages.

Stay Calm, The Moderator is Here

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i fail to see what more proof of value they can possibly need. the price requested is in the ad. they have a copy. of the ad. they also have a copy of the paypal transaction. tell me what else they could possibly require. it is a used item.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i fail to see what more proof of value they can possibly need. the price requested is in the ad. they have a copy. of the ad. they also have a copy of the paypal transaction. tell me what else they could possibly require. it is a used item.
    In my opinion, in particular with used items, the ad is no proof, as price can always be negotiated.

PayPal does produce receipts, does the receipt clearly say what was the payment for (and the seller?)? I would consider that as the proof of the realized transaction as the value of the merchandise...

I have purchased via Ebay and BMCargo countless times, but the seller was always a corporate entity and the item new, with sealed packaging, never issues.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh2203 View Post
    In my opinion, in particular with used items, the ad is no proof, as price can always be negotiated.

PayPal does produce receipts, does the receipt clearly say what was the payment for (and the seller?)? I would consider that as the proof of the realized transaction as the value of the merchandise...

I have purchased via Ebay and BMCargo countless times, but the seller was always a corporate entity and the item new, with sealed packaging, never issues.
    i agree with you that the price can be negotiated, but it is not normal for it to be negotiated upwards. that means if the ad says that the asking price is 100 dollars, i hardly see the buyer negtotiating it up to 150.

the paypal invoics states to whom the paymeny was made, and for what.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i agree with you that the price can be negotiated, but it is not normal for it to be negotiated upwards. that means if the ad says that the asking price is 100 dollars, i hardly see the buyer negtotiating it up to 150.
    True, my point was merely to keep things simple and clear...

IŽd try to contact them in the US end if possible, to see what is the issue, they might have missed a document or something...

Hope the case is resolved quickly...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh2203 View Post
    True, my point was merely to keep things simple and clear...

IŽd try to contact them in the US end if possible, to see what is the issue, they might have missed a document or something...

Hope the case is resolved quickly...
    thank you very much. i cannot wait to hear what else they might need. i bet they tell me i need a receipt, not thinking i can get the guy to write me one for 20 dollars, since it is a private sale of a used item.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

With any of these couriers you have to keep thinking for yourself and 'help them out'. A while ago I ordered some small containers of car paint. Very small. It got hold up in Miami: dangerous goods, can only be shipped with special shipment for I think something like USD200. I said: but the containers are very small!?. That didn't matter. I looked up the rules somewhere online and wrote back the rules of special shipment don't apply to these size containers. Answer: oh yes, you're right. And shipped it over for 250 pesos.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Use EPS, out of about 50 or more packages only once was I asked for a receipt. I copied my Paypal receipt and gave it to the girl in the office and a few days later I had the package.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast