More Dominican Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i was thumbing through the for sale forum of a hi fi website, and saw where a guy had a pair of headphones i have always wanted to buy, on sale for a decent price. i contacted him, and completed the transaction. my buddy in NJ shipped them to my EncargoPaq dropbox in Florida. enclosed in the box was a copy of the ad, a copy of the sequence of correspodence, from the initial inquiry until the last message, acknowledging that i had gotten them. a copy of the paypal transaction was also included in the box.

well, Encargopaq in Florida refuses to ship the package to the DR, saying i have not provided proof of value!!!!

remember where you are.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
yes,,,this is very normal procedure . I use Vimenpaq through Miami and then the DR and Vimenpaq insist on seeing a copy of the invoice before shipping to me . No matter how many times I ask sellers to place a copy of the invoice in an envelope outside the package , many sellers do not do that si must scan a copy of the invoice and send it to Vimenpaq ,,they have an easy computer way to do this . I recommend Vimenpaq very strongly ...hundreds of imports with only one hassle .

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
As soon as I place my orders, I make a PDF copy of the sales order and upload it to BMCargo. Only had a problem one time, the "Tracking Number" got changed when UPS handed the item over to USPS for delivery. BMCargo matches pre-alert PDF tracking numbers to incoming packages.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i fail to see what more proof of value they can possibly need. the price requested is in the ad. they have a copy. of the ad. they also have a copy of the paypal transaction. tell me what else they could possibly require. it is a used item.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
i fail to see what more proof of value they can possibly need. the price requested is in the ad. they have a copy. of the ad. they also have a copy of the paypal transaction. tell me what else they could possibly require. it is a used item.

In my opinion, in particular with used items, the ad is no proof, as price can always be negotiated.

PayPal does produce receipts, does the receipt clearly say what was the payment for (and the seller?)? I would consider that as the proof of the realized transaction as the value of the merchandise...

I have purchased via Ebay and BMCargo countless times, but the seller was always a corporate entity and the item new, with sealed packaging, never issues.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
In my opinion, in particular with used items, the ad is no proof, as price can always be negotiated.

PayPal does produce receipts, does the receipt clearly say what was the payment for (and the seller?)? I would consider that as the proof of the realized transaction as the value of the merchandise...

I have purchased via Ebay and BMCargo countless times, but the seller was always a corporate entity and the item new, with sealed packaging, never issues.

i agree with you that the price can be negotiated, but it is not normal for it to be negotiated upwards. that means if the ad says that the asking price is 100 dollars, i hardly see the buyer negtotiating it up to 150.

the paypal invoics states to whom the paymeny was made, and for what.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
i agree with you that the price can be negotiated, but it is not normal for it to be negotiated upwards. that means if the ad says that the asking price is 100 dollars, i hardly see the buyer negtotiating it up to 150.

True, my point was merely to keep things simple and clear...

I?d try to contact them in the US end if possible, to see what is the issue, they might have missed a document or something...

Hope the case is resolved quickly...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
True, my point was merely to keep things simple and clear...

I?d try to contact them in the US end if possible, to see what is the issue, they might have missed a document or something...

Hope the case is resolved quickly...

thank you very much. i cannot wait to hear what else they might need. i bet they tell me i need a receipt, not thinking i can get the guy to write me one for 20 dollars, since it is a private sale of a used item.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
With any of these couriers you have to keep thinking for yourself and 'help them out'. A while ago I ordered some small containers of car paint. Very small. It got hold up in Miami: dangerous goods, can only be shipped with special shipment for I think something like USD200. I said: but the containers are very small!?. That didn't matter. I looked up the rules somewhere online and wrote back the rules of special shipment don't apply to these size containers. Answer: oh yes, you're right. And shipped it over for 250 pesos.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Use EPS, out of about 50 or more packages only once was I asked for a receipt. I copied my Paypal receipt and gave it to the girl in the office and a few days later I had the package.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is not really dominican thinking. we use EPS and no major issues ever. it's all about the company used, the volume moved and a relationship with the shipper.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is not really dominican thinking. we use EPS and no major issues ever. it's all about the company used, the volume moved and a relationship with the shipper.

then i am done with these guys. to get my ass broken over a used pair of headphones is beyond silly.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

Absolutely. Its amazing the tendency of people in this site to 'nationalize' any problem big or small that they encounter...even when it is crystal clear that the individual/organizations/business involved are acting as PRIVATE individual/entities...how many times do you see, for example, a hotel guest blaming an entire country because the service s/he got from ONE specific private hotel (which may be part of an INTERNATIONAL chain, whose owners are not even Dominicans!) didn't meet his/her standards! Unbelievable how monumentally unfair people can be!

It's the same thinking that eventually leads to bigotry...entire groups of (hundreds of) millions of people are blamed by the actions of very few persons or entities.

UNACCEPTABLE!!

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
i was thumbing through the for sale forum of a hi fi website, and saw where a guy had a pair of headphones i have always wanted to buy, on sale for a decent price. i contacted him, and completed the transaction. my buddy in NJ shipped them to my EncargoPaq dropbox in Florida. enclosed in the box was a copy of the ad, a copy of the sequence of correspodence, from the initial inquiry until the last message, acknowledging that i had gotten them. a copy of the paypal transaction was also included in the box.

well, Encargopaq in Florida refuses to ship the package to the DR, saying i have not provided proof of value!!!!

remember where you are.

Had a lot of problems with Encargopaq over receipts and invoices etc. plus stuff stalling in Miami and SD for no explicable reason.so now use CPS..Extremely good and super helpful.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Absolutely. Its amazing the tendency of people in this site to 'nationalize' any problem big or small that they encounter...even when it is crystal clear that the individual/organizations/business involved are acting as PRIVATE individual/entities...how many times do you see, for example, a hotel guest blaming an entire country because the service s/he got from ONE specific private hotel (which may be part of an INTERNATIONAL chain, whose owners are not even Dominicans!) didn't meet his/her standards! Unbelievable how monumentally unfair people can be!

It's the same thinking that eventually leads to bigotry...entire groups of (hundreds of) millions of people are blamed by the actions of very few persons or entities.

UNACCEPTABLE!!

Sorry, the arrogance and indifference that you deal with at every turn make most of these issues very Dominican.These are the symptoms of a sick and putrid society. This is the 21st century, productivity is lost at every turn here due to self importance and bureaucratic mind sets.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Had a lot of problems with Encargopaq over receipts and invoices etc. plus stuff stalling in Miami and SD for no explicable reason.so now use CPS..Extremely good and super helpful.

thanks a lot for the info. you are the second person who has given them negative reviews. i am dumping them. this is entirely too silly. i fail to see what more they could need.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

UNACCEPTABLE!!

it is not as simple as nationalizing individual problems. it is a case of encountering bewildering problems at every turn. the simplest of matters become humongous issues, for no apparent reason. something like this is beyond dumb.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Sorry, the arrogance and indifference that you deal with at every turn make most of these issues very Dominican.These are the symptoms of a sick and putrid society. This is the 21st century, productivity is lost at every turn here due to self importance and bureaucratic mind sets.

Then you get your sorry a** the heck out of the DR, and leave Dominicans well alone.

I doubt Dominicans forcibly brought you into dealing with them, from wherever you were, and even if they did, there is no reason for you to continue your suffering.

It is beyond stupid to deal with "a sick and putrid society", when there are near 200 countries worldwide to choose from. What kind of idiot would do that??

You attitude is undeniable symptom of "a sick and putrid" being. The DR will be much better without you.

Good riddance.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
it is not as simple as nationalizing individual problems. it is a case of encountering bewildering problems at every turn. the simplest of matters become humongous issues, for no apparent reason. something like this is beyond dumb.

You were already told that the problem you discuss in this thread seems specific to the specific firm you chose.

Anyway, if you are being held against your will in the DR provide details, and I am sure many will try to help you gain your freedom. Hopefully you will find an appropriate place in one of almost 200 countries not called DR.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You were already told that the problem you discuss in this thread seems specific to the specific firm you chose.

Anyway, if you are being held against your will in the DR provide details, and I am sure many will try to help you gain your freedom. Hopefully you will find an appropriate place in one of almost 200 countries not called DR.

that is a great mindset you have going there. if people do not like the dumb ass way things get done here, then leave. with that kind of thinking, the country will still be on the blacklist of countries in which to get medical procedures done.

i am fully aware that people resent foreigners criticizing the way things are done in their homeland. yes, it is annoying. but running people out because they make mention of dumb ass matters is not going to improve the society.

Status
Not open for further replies.