Cuban medicines distributor in the DR?

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
A friend from Santiago is looking for a cuban dermatology product.
Does anyone know if Cuban pharmaceutical products are distributed in the DR? I remember having seen a Cuban medicines store in the Zona Colonial, on el Conde, at Parque Colon, between the amber store and Hard Rock caf?, but I have no clue if it's still there. Does anyone recall or have their telephone number?
Thanks, Bart

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If you are looking for a product that is manufactured exclusively by a Cuban pharaceutical company, it would help if you name the product and the name of the company. This way someone can tell you if it's distributed in the DR or not.

Is this product sold as an over the counter medication, or is it prescription strength? What I mean by this is, if it's prescription strength, you may be able to purchase it without a prescription but it may not be carried by your local pharmacy as a stock item that sells frequently.

You can probably find a Dominican laboratory that makes the same product with no fall-off in quality, but like I you need to tell us the name of this prodcut first.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
It is a cuban ointment called 'Anti Pityriasis 1-2-3' to treat the 3 different types of this skin allergy. I have no idea who the cuban manufacturer is.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do you mean anti psoriasis? there may not be a single distributor of cuban medicine. the distribution process is connected to particular labs rather than countries. you need to find either a correct name of the cream or a manufacturer to track it down.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
No, not psoriasis but pityriasis. The name of the cream is the correct one.
Does anyone know if this Cuban store opposite the cathedral in the Zona Colonial is still there?