I Take Thee (visa)

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I recently spoke with a friend of mine who frequents a certain place in Costambar. He told me he married one of the employees of this establishment. He also told me that he was moving to DR to be with her, and other things financially as well to to make it possible. I tried until I was blue in the face to dissuade him from doing so, but he did not listen to me. He actually got offended, but I told him and a very calm and explanatory manner why he should not go forward with this. He's making a huge life mistake. I don't know what more I can tell him to stop him other than him learning on his own. Is very frustrating to me to see this happening. Many of these ladies continue to work at this establishment while married, and the guys think that it is just work and it is OK. I told him to watch out for his bank accounts, visas, in general well-being and laid out the reasons. Any suggestions from anybody? I hope that he learns sooner than later.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have enough trouble looking after my own life without telling people how they should look after theirs .

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Since your friend is reluctant to take your advice just stand by him and become a listener. In time, we know how this marriage will end. I just went through a similar situation with a friend. I told my friend to cut his Dominican girlfriend loose because she just wanted money and was not a supportive person. He never listened to me. He said she was a diamond in the ruff. I back off and just became more of a listener. After sending her thousands of dollars over the years she ended up pregnant by someone else of course.
The heart wants what the hearts wants.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Since your friend is reluctant to take your advice just stand by him and become a listener. In time, we know how this marriage will end. I just went through a similar situation with a friend. I told my friend to cut his Dominican girlfriend loose because she just wanted money and was not a supportive person. He never listened to me. He said she was a diamond in the ruff. I back off and just became more of a listener. After sending her thousands of dollars over the years she ended up pregnant by someone else of course.
The heart wants what the hearts wants.

Those are my exact plans. You hit the nail on the head. What you just said is what I've been thinking. I hope for his sake it doesn't get to that point.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've heard that there were at least 17 marriages between the hard working ladies of the said establishments and the gentlemen frequenting the place. it's romantic, really.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I know a guy who had his first sexual encounter for $10.00 48 years ago. He married her 8 weeks later and they are still together to this day. She assured him she was not a hooker, but just needed some help, thus the $10.00.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Suckers

P.T. Barnum said it best, if I can get it right, "There is a sucker born everyday" I also like "A fool and his money are soon parted" and another good one "Love is blind" Let him continue on his life path, you have warned him, the world is full of fools, hope and magic. The only one we ever see is the fools.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
P.T. Barnum said it best, if I can get it right, "There is a sucker born everyday" I also like "A fool and his money are soon parted" and another good one "Love is blind" Let him continue on his life path, you have warned him, the world is full of fools, hope and magic. The only one we ever see is the fools.

He said "There is a sucker born every MINUTE".

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
it must be the dim lights ..........why would anyone marry or date a hooker

Because some lonely guys just don't understand that their situation is not different, and that it is "just their turn" with her. Instead, they think they are Capt.saveahoe and will live happily ever after with a girl whom he thinks will "appreciate what he has done for her". I can't believe men can be so foolish..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
it must be the dim lights ..........why would anyone marry or date a hooker

They seem to think because they are able to provide the lady a better quality of life this will somehow
change her behaviour. Hard lessons.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It's his life, let him live it.....

If he thinks he has found true love, be supportive, not negative

He's an adult and therefore responsible for his own actions.......

Let him have his moment, he probably feels alive for the first time in his life,

You keep giving him shyt
about this, you won't have a friend for long.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's his life, let him live it.....

If he thinks he has found true love, be supportive, not negative

He's an adult and therefore responsible for his own actions.......

Let him have his moment, he probably feels alive for the first time in his life,

You keep giving him shyt
about this, you won't have a friend for long.....

I have a good friend named Jim. He started to date a girl and fell in love. She was friends of a co-worker of mine. She told my co-worker how she just met a guy name Jim and she was going to "take him for a ride" while she continued with another "steady" boyfriend. She joked about how stupid was my friend. Not in the DR, in New York. I tried to let him know what was really happening. I nearly lost his friendship by trying to help.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I have a good friend named Jim. He started to date a girl and fell in love. She was friends of a co-worker of mine. She told my co-worker how she just met a guy name Jim and she was going to "take him for a ride" while she continued with another "steady" boyfriend. She joked about how stupid was my friend. Not in the DR, in New York. I tried to let him know what was really happening. I nearly lost his friendship by trying to help.

I hear you..

I've been there........

They're all adults, and who knows what they're REALLY thinking
They just want a little love in their life.....

Even if it's real??? (Not bloody likely) fake, temporary, I give you money ....Whateva.....

(As crazy as that may sound)

Last edited:

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
i've heard that there were at least 17 marriages between the hard working ladies of the said establishments and the gentlemen frequenting the place. it's romantic, really.

Amor Vincit Omnia sayeth the poet

Some girls work in factories.

Some girls work in stores.

Mi esposa works in a Costambar house

With 40 other whores.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Its difficult to reason with someone when the little head does all the thinking.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
I told him to watch out for his bank accounts, visas, ...

he should do whatever he wants to, ^^^ this he should listen to you.

don't ever buy, always rent, keep as little money as possible in the DR and the rest in another jurisdiction, get a second passport and deposit it in a bank safe in another city together with cash for a ticket and a bribe.

hope for the best, plan for the worst.